Archived Topic

Bronco's post game comments

by cornhole153 · 11/26/2012

Advertisement
C
cornhole153
Just listened to the interview and according to Bronco, there's 'no argument that his QB decisions were exactly right.' Good thing that's settled.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
I've never really listened to the coaches' shows or the post-game interviews. Until last month I was in Colorado and had better things to do than hunt down interviews online. On Saturday I got to listen to the post-game interviews on my way home from the CougarCave, and I must say, Bronco lost a lot of points with me.



Essentially, this was Bronco's response to any suggestion by Wrubell that Bronco might even in private admit he could have done something better:



[youtube]C_SFevIz1FI[/youtube]
G
Gunk
cornhole153 wrote:
Just listened to the interview and according to Bronco, there's 'no argument that his QB decisions were exactly right.' Good thing that's settled.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I agree. There really is no argument, he made the wrong call.
L
Lawboy
Bronco said that they made the best decisions based upon the info that they had. OK< fair enough. hard to question that because I do not know what info they had, how it was collected, etc.



What I will then questions is the evalaution of said info. It was poor. Similarly poor to teh evaulations of Ziggy Ansah's abilities to play football. you know, since he started as a situtaitonal back-up that Bronco was not sure how to play (OLB? DE? Situational pass rusher?) until he was forced into playing him more with injuries to both Dulan and Manu.



What this season has really done is made me question the methods Bronco uses to evaluate his players. It is clear that he does not always put the best players on the field. And by that I mean most physcially talented. So instead of letting them learn on the field, they sit behind guys more scheme savvy.



That is my biggest beef.
S
snoscythe
Lawboy wrote:
Bronco said that they made the best decisions based upon the info that they had. OK< fair enough. hard to question that because I do not know what info they had, how it was collected, etc.



What I will then questions is the evalaution of said info. It was poor. Similarly poor to teh evaulations of Ziggy Ansah's abilities to play football. you know, since he started as a situtaitonal back-up that Bronco was not sure how to play (OLB? DE? Situational pass rusher?) until he was forced into playing him more with injuries to both Dulan and Manu.



What this season has really done is made me question the methods Bronco uses to evaluate his players. It is clear that he does not always put the best players on the field. And by that I mean most physcially talented. So instead of letting them learn on the field, they sit behind guys more scheme savvy.



That is my biggest beef.


http://candiedlifedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/like-thumb.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Lawboy wrote:
Bronco said that they made the best decisions based upon the info that they had. OK< fair enough. hard to question that because I do not know what info they had, how it was collected, etc.



What I will then questions is the evalaution of said info. It was poor. Similarly poor to teh evaulations of Ziggy Ansah's abilities to play football. you know, since he started as a situtaitonal back-up that Bronco was not sure how to play (OLB? DE? Situational pass rusher?) until he was forced into playing him more with injuries to both Dulan and Manu.



What this season has really done is made me question the methods Bronco uses to evaluate his players. It is clear that he does not always put the best players on the field. And by that I mean most physcially talented. So instead of letting them learn on the field, they sit behind guys more scheme savvy.



That is my biggest beef.


Agree wholeheartedly. And Ziggy is the prime example.



Bronco enthusiasts love to point out how Bronco turned Ziggy into an NFL draft prospect in 3 years, but they completely forget Ziggy would have barely sniffed the field this season if Dulan and Manu had not gotten injured. Hard to attract NFL scouts' attention if you don't play.



Ziggy may have come in and played well, but in all likelihood still would have sat behind Manu and Dulan as those guys had "earned" it. That is Bronco's pattern.



The same can be said of Williams.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.