Archived Topic

QB2 Deja Vu Poll

by Cougarbib · 11/26/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Franchuk, a fan favorite, recommended it for the Poinsettia Bowl. This all assumes Nelson is healthy enough to play at all. A Bibster variation would be if Nelson is not healthy - Start Lark and play Nelson only if needed.



Franchuk Model



He granted Nelsin the start.

Then 2nd series Lark. If BYU scores Lark gets the next series.

Either way - Nelson then gets a series and if BYU scores - another series.

Then coaches substitute based on feel having measured both.



He is betting Bronco will not do it.



What would you do - assuming Nelson is healthy?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
I am curios enough to risk a Bowl Loss this year. Riley and Lark are friends. The KSL announcer and former QB Mark Lyons citing personal experience opined that maybe they were such good friends, they did not compete enough against each other. Hopefully QB2 would not destroy a great friendship.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
I would have sat Nelson after the first INT in the Boise game and not played him again until Hill and Lark were injured.
J
jonnylingo
SpiffCoug wrote:
I would have sat Nelson after the first INT in the Boise game and not played him again until Hill and Lark were injured.


I think I would have started in the Utah game.
C
Cougs_Rule
I suspect a keystone to this friendship is found in Lark not being willing to compete using alpha-dog, locker-room parlor tricks. And he didn't win Broncos love bc he wasn't willing to risk life and limb on kickoffs or developing a "tougher than us all" "broke-back moutain" persona. He was therefore never a threat to Riley and therefore Riley didn't have to eliminate James as a threat.

I would love for Bronco to get out of his comfort zone and give Lark a shot during the bowl game. So, I voted against conventional wisdom and said YES. And if Riley is half the friend he claims to be, he would realize this and convince Bronco with his batting eyelids that He and James could provide a powerful one-two, QB2 combination. But, alas, Riley is still searching for Cougar gold and glory and will not likely advocate for is fellow Sr and comrade, aka, "the next guy."
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
Sounds great. Let's relive some stupidity from 2 years ago!
G
Gunk
Why not, we can't seem to learn from our mistakes.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Nothing is so stupid that a Utah sports "journalist" won't suggest doing it (again).
S
scott715
Some incentive might be a good idea. You score, you get another series. You throw an interception and sit on the pine.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.