Archived Topic

Season on Coaches

by BoiseBYU · 11/25/2012

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Having watched Lark over the season, had coaches played him instead of an injured not practicing Nelson, we win both Utah and BSU and this season looks a whole lot better. Perhaps SJSU too. I simply do not understand the coaches' commitment to an injured Nelson. It is baffling.
F
frdbtr
BoiseBYU wrote:
Having watched Lark over the season, had coaches played him instead of an injured not practicing Nelson, we win both Utah and BSU and this season looks a whole lot better. Perhaps SJSU too. I simply do not understand the coaches' commitment to an injured Nelson. It is baffling.


Yeah, this one still has me baffled. Nelson shouldn't have seen the field while injured. No one should play if they don't practice, which is normally what Bronco does.
B
BoiseBYU
frdbtr wrote:
Having watched Lark over the season, had coaches played him instead of an injured not practicing Nelson, we win both Utah and BSU and this season looks a whole lot better. Perhaps SJSU too. I simply do not understand the coaches' commitment to an injured Nelson. It is baffling.


Yeah, this one still has me baffled. Nelson shouldn't have seen the field while injured. No one should play if they don't practice, which is normally what Bronco does.


We probably will never know, but something just is not right with what went down. I don't mind starting a healthy Riley. The other though I don't get.at.all
S
SpiffCoug
Yep. You want to play a healthy Riley? Ok. He was decent in most games. You want to play an injured Riley over a prepared James Lark? Hmm. I'm not sure I buy any reasoning for that decision to be made.



I actually bad for Riley. I think he's going to have some serious health issues in the years ahead. With lots of pain and discomfort stemming from poor decisions both he and the coaching staff made.
G
Guest
Every point in this thread is correct. Shame on the coaches.
Advertisement
B
BYUgeezer
Certainly some questionable decisions made on QB coaching, but the handling of Lark from the day he stepped on campus is ridiculous. If he had been given half the chance to prove himself ast Riley and Jake received he would be our guy all year. If you recruit someone rated as high as Lark, then I believe you have an obligation to develop him not dump him for the next guy you THINK might be better. BYU's original choice to take Lark over Riley was the correct educated choice. I just don't understand what changed.
M
mizzoucoug
Unfortunately, both Nelson and Lark are gone after the bowl game. Are the coaches going to somehow ruin Munns and Hill as well? Hopefully they've learned from these last 3 shameful seasons.
C
Cougs_Rule
SpiffCoug wrote:
Yep. You want to play a healthy Riley? Ok. He was decent in most games. You want to play an injured Riley over a prepared James Lark? Hmm. I'm not sure I buy any reasoning for that decision to be made.


This is why I have proffered previous, more difficult to believe, logic-lacking, conspiratorial reasons. Because There is very little most would identify as logic that can adequately account for the rather conspicuous and widely accepted--by both Bronco lovers and doubters as well as haters and homers in the press corps, from Monson to Wrubell--the large gap of truth to power. Bronco may be stubborn and in some cases slow to adjust, but this far defies the credit he has generally earned as being at least logical and consistent, notwithstanding slow to change.



This unfortunately and inexplicably, IMO, is more indication of how and why Bronco will leave this profession prematurely. "I am the boss. Don't challenge my decisions. I don't have to explain myself. Who are you, "the uneducated" to ask?"
S
Schmoe
mizzoucoug wrote:
Are the coaches going to somehow ruin Munns...?


Can't ruin what wasn't fixed to begin with. Munnsenstein looks like a statue out there, he wouldn't be able to do anything behind our sad O-line (he's pretty good at handing the ball off, though).
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.