Archived Topic

Effortless

by mizzoucoug · 11/24/2012

Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
That's what I see from Lark's motion and arm strength. His arm and accuracy look really good to me.



Yes, I know this is NMSU but they are beating us as I type this and they are definitely up for this game.
M
mizzoucoug
The last couple of throws it seems he has been locking on 1 guy. I think on the one to Falslev at the 5 that Hoffman was dragging toward the endzone with a step on his guy, but Lark never looked his way.
A
AmmonCougar1
175.34 qb passer rating for the first half. How does that compare to the rest of our season for any half of BYU football this season? C'mon Spiff. Help us out here.



Go Cougs!!!



J. Child

Ammon, ID
S
SpiffCoug
AmmonCougar1 wrote:
175.34 qb passer rating for the first half. How does that compare to the rest of our season for any half of BYU football this season? C'mon Spiff. Help us out here.



Go Cougs!!!



J. Child

Ammon, ID

As a team BYU was at 172 against Washington St. Riley was at 190 vs GT in the 2nd half.
M
mtnradio
@gregwrubell: James Lark's 34 completions are the most in a game by a BYU QB since Max Hall in 2007 (55-47 loss at Tulsa).



Plus he's now in the exclusive group of 10 QB's who broke 500 yds in a game (and he's in fine company!)



He is (as many have noted for a couple of years here on this board) a pure passer. I miss the days of wide open offense and great passing at BYU!
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
mtnradio wrote:
@gregwrubell: James Lark's 34 completions are the most in a game by a BYU QB since Max Hall in 2007 (55-47 loss at Tulsa).



Plus he's now in the exclusive group of 10 QB's who broke 500 yds in a game (and he's in fine company!)



He is (as many have noted for a couple of years here on this board) a pure passer. I miss the days of wide open offense and great passing at BYU!


He can run a bit when the scramble is open.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mtnradio
No argument on that. I use the term "pure passer" and perhaps do so incorrectly. He's a talented passer, built for a passing game, but not exclusively a passer ... whatever the right term is for a guy like that.
B
BerliNY
mtnradio wrote:
No argument on that. I use the term "pure passer" and perhaps do so incorrectly. He's a talented passer, built for a passing game, but not exclusively a passer ... whatever the right term is for a guy like that.


The correct term is: "a healthy quarterback" see also "a quarterback that doesn't see himself as more of a 5'10" bulldozer"
S
SpiffCoug
Lark showed today how a mobile QB should be used. You call passing plays and then use the mobility to extend plays or scramble for yards when the the play breaks down or the play is covered and you need to get something positive.
U
urroner
Due to my cable/internet access being worked on, I only saw part of the third and all of the fourth. I'm glad I didn't see the first half. The team was firing on all cylinders during the time I watched them, except for the one td New Mexico got.



KVN was awesome, Hoffa was awesomer, but Lark was more awesomer.



I also saw a minor advantage of watching the game on ESPN3, no commercials.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.