Archived Topic

BYU-NMSU to be on ESPN3, and ONLY on ESPN3

by snoscythe · 11/21/2012

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
If you don't get ESPN3, looks like you'll just have to wait for the BYUtv rerun at midnight or wax nostalgic with the radio broadcast.
L
Lawboy
I'd say that this is the treatment that this game deserves.



They are awful and we are 6-5. This game moves the meter ZERO.
S
SpiffCoug
Hawk, do you get ESPN3? Party at the Cougarcorner Cave?
J
jonnylingo
best thing is to use a apple tv or roku and hook and watch it on the tube.
G
Guest
I'm afraid I don't think I get ESPN3.
Advertisement
G
Guest
Actually, I may get it with my internet provider. I'll have to double check for sure when I get home.
S
Schmoe
jonnylingo wrote:
best thing is to use a apple tv or roku and hook and watch it on the tube.


I have a roku, but no ESPN3 :~(
G
Guest
Schmoe wrote:
best thing is to use a apple tv or roku and hook and watch it on the tube.


I have a roku, but no ESPN3 :~(


If you sign up with Direct Communications you should get ESPN3, if I'm reading their website correctly.
S
Schmoe
hawkwing wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
best thing is to use a apple tv or roku and hook and watch it on the tube.


I have a roku, but no ESPN3 :~(


If you sign up with Direct Communications you should get ESPN3, if I'm reading their website correctly.


When I try to watch, it asks me to sign up through my TV provider, which isn't listed. Also, it looks like there isn't an ESPN3 channel available on the Roku.
J
jonnylingo
with an apple tv i think you can watch it on espn 3 on your ipad and then air watch it to the apple tv. they don't have an espn3 app, neithre does roku apparently. so it looks like the only way thta works is airplay it on apple tv.
Advertisement
Y
YNot
I just tested. I can get WatchESPN on my computer and iPad. Can't figure out how to do it on my googletv yet (if I can). Also, the BYU-NMSU game says "exclusive" next to it. Which likely means WatchESPN is the only way to see the game live in most areas.
J
jojoelchango
You can also watch it through your Xbox if you have Xbox live gold
M
Mingjai
Schmoe wrote:
best thing is to use a apple tv or roku and hook and watch it on the tube.


I have a roku, but no ESPN3 :~(


No ESPN3 on Roku. I watch ESPN3 on my iPhone or plug my laptop into my TV's HDMI and watch ESPN3 in HD. Kabletown is my service provider...



http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/a_mingjai/Kabletown.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
JamieVallen
jojoelchango wrote:
You can also watch it through your Xbox if you have Xbox live gold

Yes you can, but you have to have Comcast, time Warner, direct communications, or Verizon tv(or something like that) etc... It will ask you when you go onto the game on your Xbox 360. Same thing goes for the watch espn app... So if you don't have these few Internet providers or have friends that do, than unfortunately you are hosed... So have fun.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
Fido
I've got Comcast and I can watch on my computer.
Advertisement
J
JamieVallen
Fido wrote:
I've got Comcast and I can watch on my computer.

Yearn that's true sorry I failed to mention that... But either way, Party at Fido's house!!!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
ESPN3's distribution plan is as bad as the Mountain's. I don't know anyone who gets it.
H
HoosierCougar
SpiffCoug wrote:
ESPN3's distribution plan is as bad as the Mountain's. I don't know anyone who gets it.


Shudder



Have you looked at the list of providers involved? It's basically comcast and a bunch of local regional providers I've never heard of: http://espn.go.com/espn3/affList" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



According to Wikipedia, Since 2008, ESPN3 has also been available to approximately 21 million U.S. college students and U.S.-based military personnel via computers with college/university (.edu) and U.S. military (.mil) IP addresses.



I wonder if byu.edu, BYUtv, and Cougar Club could come up with a model that would at least allow for broader access.



I'd pay a la carte or PPV to get ESPN3 access via my computer or Roku.
M
Mingjai
HoosierCougar wrote:
ESPN3's distribution plan is as bad as the Mountain's. I don't know anyone who gets it.


Shudder



Have you looked at the list of providers involved? It's basically comcast and a bunch of local regional providers I've never heard of: http://espn.go.com/espn3/affList" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Actually the top 5 cable providers in the US--Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Charter, and Cox are all on the list...
M
Mars


Long story short, does Hawkwing get the game at his house, or not?
:D
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.