Archived Topic

Called It

by Gunk · 11/18/2012

Advertisement
G
Gunk
In this case I hate being right, but a few weeks ago I predicted a SJSU win and was accused of being illogical. I compared SJSU's production against USU's and our production against USU. Throw in the fact the game was on the road, SJSU would be motivated and our offense is completely inept and all signs pointed towards a loss.



But Bronco doesn't lose to teams like SJSU...



USU beat SJSU and we beat USU; therefore we'll win...



It's SJSU. We creamed them last year...



Team is in serious trouble. I look forward to a shake up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
I was actually going to look that thread up because I was going to congratulate you. SJSu played a good game. They're a decent team. BYU should be better though.



I only saw the second half. Couldn't believe the miscues that BYU had.
W
Wickchad
Congratulations on predicting a BYU loss.
K
KingCoug
Gunk wrote:
But Bronco doesn't lose to teams like SJSU...


That was me who said that. I sadly stand corrected.


Team is in serious trouble. I look forward to a shake up.


Don't hold your breath.
J
JamieVallen
I also owe somebody my left nut...
Advertisement
G
Gunk
JamieVallen wrote:
I also owe somebody my left nut...


I don't want it...Doman, I think, though is missing a pair.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougest
Gunk wrote:
I also owe somebody my left nut...


I don't want it...Doman, I think, though is missing a pair.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


lol
C
Cougarbib
Gunk wrote:
In this case I hate being right, but a few weeks ago I predicted a SJSU win and was accused of being illogical. I compared SJSU's production against USU's and our production against USU. Throw in the fact the game was on the road, SJSU would be motivated and our offense is completely inept and all signs pointed towards a loss.



But Bronco doesn't lose to teams like SJSU...



USU beat SJSU and we beat USU; therefore we'll win...



It's SJSU. We creamed them last year...



Team is in serious trouble. I look forward to a shake up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Did you fail to predict that our defense would be a no-show until spotting SJSU 3 touch downs.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
Cougarbib wrote:
In this case I hate being right, but a few weeks ago I predicted a SJSU win and was accused of being illogical. I compared SJSU's production against USU's and our production against USU. Throw in the fact the game was on the road, SJSU would be motivated and our offense is completely inept and all signs pointed towards a loss.



But Bronco doesn't lose to teams like SJSU...



USU beat SJSU and we beat USU; therefore we'll win...



It's SJSU. We creamed them last year...



Team is in serious trouble. I look forward to a shake up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Did you fail to predict that our defense would be a no-show until spotting SJSU 3 touch downs.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


BYU's secondary sucks. I did point out our secondary is our Achilles heel and given SJSU's strength is throwing the ball they would be able to score on us. The game would come down to how well our offense played as SJSU's defense was nothing special.



SJSU ran the ball a lot more later in the game. Had they kept throwing it, they likely would have had 2 more TDs.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
stgeorgefan
Cougarbib wrote:
In this case I hate being right, but a few weeks ago I predicted a SJSU win and was accused of being illogical. I compared SJSU's production against USU's and our production against USU. Throw in the fact the game was on the road, SJSU would be motivated and our offense is completely inept and all signs pointed towards a loss.



But Bronco doesn't lose to teams like SJSU...



USU beat SJSU and we beat USU; therefore we'll win...



It's SJSU. We creamed them last year...



Team is in serious trouble. I look forward to a shake up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Did you fail to predict that our defense would be a no-show until spotting SJSU 3 touch downs.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


In the end the defense spotting 3 TDS wasn't the issue. BYU was in SJSU territory all second half long and could get points. Giving up 20 points to a good offensive team is pretty ideal. BYU's goals were to hold teams to under 24 points and to score 24 or more. Defense held up its end in the 2nd half. The offnese did not
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Don't discount the lingering impact of the distractions by Stout and Sampson leaving school. Joe was a defensive force, generally assignment sound and would have helped thwart SJSU's passing attack. JJ was coming off a one game suspension against the best passing attack BYU has faced. Took a while to make adjustments after 3 scores. Stout was still a good backup and was used to give a breather to LB crew. This impact had something to do with poor first half as theywere out of sync.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
byucougar1 wrote:
Don't discount the lingering impact of the distractions by Stout and Sampson leaving school. Joe was a defensive force, generally assignment sound and would have helped thwart SJSU's passing attack. JJ was coming off a one game suspension against the best passing attack BYU has faced. Took a while to make adjustments after 3 scores. Stout was still a good backup and was used to give a breather to LB crew. This impact had something to do with poor first half as theywere out of sync.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Bull#%^oney. It's all on Riley. ;)
G
Guest
Gunk did nail this one. It sucks, I know how he feels, I'm in the same situation in regards to the basketball team this year.
S
Schmoe
I wonder if Gunk also predicted bball's loss to ND...
B
BoiseBYU
With due respect, Gunk ain't no rocket scientist- I said I feared a loss by 4 points or so and I'm no football smart guy. SJSU IS a good team (despite some of you making fun of them) AND BYU is not good enough to beat a good team on the road. GT is not a good team so even though that was a good game, it is not something to hang our hat. It is what it is. It takes something extra to win well on the road. FWIW, UT does not have a good win on the road either, because they are not that good either.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Schmoe wrote:
I wonder if Gunk also predicted bball's loss to ND...


Ha! I didn't get a chance to make a prediction, not at least here.



FSU had me real worried, and I suspected they'd hand us our first loss. For whatever reason I forgot the Coach's for Cancer tournament had a consolation round. Didn't realize we were playing ND till an hour or two before the game.



I actually thought we'd beat ND. We match up much better against them and having seen a few ND games I wasn't all that impressed.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
Spotting a team 20 points in first half is not helping the cause. Alowing 4 sacks and11 hurries is not offering protection. Rushing for 42 yards is not establishing the run game. The team didn't show up - team is more than one player.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.