Archived Topic

Everything changes

by mizzoucoug · 11/18/2012

Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
Doman has got to be gone after this season along with Weber and I don't think Bronco makes it past his contract renewal. This is not the most embarrassing loss in the last 2 years but I am not watching a D1 program when I watch BYU anymore.
B
BYUgeezer
To be honest I couldn't watch it anymore. Went to bed during the 3rd quarter. Out come was already determined.
B
bcsbuster
Doman and play calling where not the issue. It was execution and missed blocks and a bad qb.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
bcsbuster wrote:
Doman and play calling where not the issue. It was execution and missed blocks and a bad qb.


Don't all three of those thing point back to Doman as the OC and QB coach? Execution? Missed blocks? Bad QB?
B
Brayden Green
snoscythe wrote:
Doman and play calling where not the issue. It was execution and missed blocks and a bad qb.


Don't all three of those thing point back to Doman as the OC and QB coach? Execution? Missed blocks? Bad QB?


Yup. Although the "bad qb" might be more of a Bronco thing. I am getting more and more convinced that Doman has been side saddled with him per Bronco. I can't wrap my head around why an OC who knows that his job is on the line would go with RN at quarterback - injured or healthy.



But with the way that he ignored Heaps the rest of the year last year, causing him to transfer instead of use his RS here, he deserves Nelson this year.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
He HAD to ignore Heaps. He had to get a QB ready to play. I don't doubt this was a factor in the decision to transfer, but the focus of any program is the STARTING quarterback, not the backup.



I don't think Doman's job is on the line. His play calls this year have been good. The problem is he doesn't have a QB on the roster who can consistently make the throws - in a game - the team needs.
B
Brayden Green
Getting a qb ready to play is one thing...



ACTUALLY Not talking to a player on your roster that you have benched for more than 2 weeks is another. He did the same thing to Lark this year with Utah, BSU, and OSU.
S
SpiffCoug
Not when the QB you are trying to get ready to play hasn't had any real starters reps at any point in his career at the school.



Could it have been handled better by all parties? You bet. Does it matter ONE iota now? Not one bit.
B
Brayden Green
It is still relevant because Lark is our best chance to win a bowl game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
mizzoucoug wrote:
Doman has got to be gone after this season along with Weber and I don't think Bronco makes it past his contract renewal. This is not the most embarrassing loss in the last 2 years but I am not watching a D1 program when I watch BYU anymore.


Lost to a team who has only a close loss to Stanford and a loss to USU - might be ranked at the end of the season - had a chance to win it - and you are not seeing D1 Football?



Hyperbole much.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
BlueIsBetter wrote:
It is still relevant because Lark is our best chance to win a bowl game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Sorry Blue - I actually agree totally with you on this - shocking as that may seem to both of us. Well not totally - I would change the word "is" to "quite possibly will be".



Riley was wearing rib protectors for some reason Saturday. Then he was clearly in excruciating pain at least twice on the side-lines. Maybe he got dinged by Idaho again this year.



Thus - I see no reason to play Riley unless we cannot win without Riley. What better chance to test out Lark than @NMSU. Well - Idaho would have even been better - home game and all.



And, if you start Lark Vs NMSU he plays with the ones, gets used to something at least approximating real game speed, improves, gains confidence - or not. But at least you measure him a bit and better know what you have got. This should have been done in 2010.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
It will be Lark or Kuresa next week.
B
BroncoBot
scott715 wrote:
It will be Lark or Kuresa next week.

says you? says who?
S
scott715
Won't be RN. He's too hurt and we don't need him. Let him rest for the bowl. Lark would be better but he graduates.
K
KingCoug
Rumor on Cougarboard is that Nelson is done. Broken ribs.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
KingCoug wrote:
Rumor on Cougarboard is that Nelson is done. Broken ribs.

you mean rumorboard? Not saying I want to see him play on saturday but I think you underestimate the "grit" of Riley.
L
Lawboy
I think the rumor is true. Did you see him grimace in the 4th quarter? I was shocked they kept letting him see teh field. And really mad at the same time.
B
BroncoBot
Lawboy wrote:
I think the rumor is true. Did you see him grimace in the 4th quarter? I was shocked they kept letting him see teh field. And really mad at the same time.

Let's hope so. It's time for Riley to hang it up. He's going to have so much arthritis as a 40 year old, he'll feel like hes 90. I applaud his efforts to do whatever he felt gave this team the best shot, even if his judgement was clouded at times. But like I said, time for Riley to give it up.
C
Cougarbib
Hopefully we won't have to read a bunch of BS about Riley hiding his injury - wait - he was sitting behind Bronco and Bronco does not watch TV or look on the web. Maybe Bronco does not and did not know. TIC. Kind of like when Bronco pulled Riley at the half vs Weber State. I am pretty sure he knew.



He pulled Riley vs WSU - because we could win without Riley. Ditto - Hawaii. Ditto USU although that was a close call. But U and BSU - Bronco did not believe Hill was ready then - nor Lark - to face those defenses - on the road - with our porous blocking.



NMSU provides an opportunity to rest Riley Nelson while developing and measuring someone else that can play in the Bowl Game if Riley can't play effectively.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mingjai
BlueIsBetter wrote:
It is still relevant because Lark is our best chance to win a bowl game.


Would have been nice to get him some meaningful reps--i.e., 1st or 2nd quarter reps--in the few blow-outs BYU had. Or even better, some meaningful reps in the close losses BYU had...
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.