Archived Topic

New 2013 Dates?

by YNot · 11/15/2012

Advertisement
Y
YNot
Utah announced their 2013 schedule today and announced the BYU game for September 21 - when most of us thought the Cougars were playing Boise State.



According to this -



http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/byu-football/2012/11/15/3651142/byu-schedules-utah-middle-tennessee-dates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



- Boise State game has been scheduled for October 26 - week after the Houston road game and two weeks before the trip to Wisconsin.



Also MTSU home game announced for November 16, between the Wisconsin and Notre Dame road trips.



Yay! This is good news. I suggest we add a cupcake at home after the Ewete game. If we want a 13th game, we could do another cupcake at home before Hawaii.
F
Fido
fbschedules.com has also updated their site to reflect these changes. Is anyone else dying to find out who the last 1 or 2 teams on next year's schedule is? :sulk:
K
KingCoug
I'm curious to see who the last opponent will be. There won't be a 13 game. And there shouldn't be. 12 is enough. BYU doesn't need the money and it's just more wear and tear on the team.





2013

1. 8/31 @ Virginia (ACC)

2. 9/7 Texas (Big 12)

3. 9/14

4. 9/21 Utah (PAC 12)

5. 9/28

6. 10/4 @ Utah State (WAC)

7. 10/12 Georgia Tech (ACC)

8. 10/19 @ Houston (Big East)

9. 10/26 Boise State (Big East)

10. 11/2

11. 11/9 @ Wisconsin (Big 10)

12. 11/16 Middle Tennessee State (Sun)

13. 11/23 @ Notre Dame (Ind)

14. 11/30

15. 12/7 @ Hawaii (MWC)
K
KingCoug
Utah's 2013 schedule was released and it looks like they'll have a bye-week before they play us. So I wouldn't mind having the same.
Y
Y 4 Ever
KingCoug wrote:
Utah's 2013 schedule was released and it looks like they'll have a bi-week before they play us. So I wouldn't mind having the same.

bi-weeks are great whenever they occur



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
Y 4 Ever wrote:


bi-weeks are great whenever they occur



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I don't know. Sometimes they can interrupt momentum and they're usually not needed early on in the year unless a team is transitioning from non-conference games to conference games. That obviously don't apply to us. I'd typically like it to be half way through the season but, again, we could use one before we play Utah considering Bronco is 1-7 in Game #3 and has lost to the Pukes 3 straight times.
M
Mars


I say, add Kentucky (SEC) and UTEP (C-USA).
Y
Y 4 Ever
KingCoug wrote:


bi-weeks are great whenever they occur



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I don't know. Sometimes they can interrupt momentum and they're usually not needed early on in the year unless a team is transitioning from non-conference games to conference games. That obviously don't apply to us. I'd typically like it to be half way through the season but, again, we could use one before we play Utah considering Bronco is 1-7 in Game #3 and has lost to the Pukes 3 straight times.

Oh, you're talking about BYE week. Totally different from bi-week



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
Y 4 Ever wrote:
Utah's 2013 schedule was released and it looks like they'll have a bi-week before they play us.
bi-weeks are great whenever they occur

Lesbians are cool.
S
scott715
NOT



Our schedule looks good. We have easy games before the hard games. Go and schedule a 13th game. I want to see one more game. It will put us on tv again and more home gate revenue. Just try to avoid Idaho.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Our last game with AFA sure left a bad taste in my mouth. Lets play them last - in case we get some nicks and bumps and bruises. AFA - renew the rivalry.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
YNot
KingCoug wrote:
I'm curious to see who the last opponent will be. There won't be a 13 game. And there shouldn't be. 12 is enough. BYU doesn't need the money and it's just more wear and tear on the team.





2013

1. 8/31 @ Virginia (ACC)

2. 9/7 Texas (Big 12)

3. 9/14

4. 9/21 Utah (PAC 12)

5. 9/28

6. 10/4 @ Utah State (WAC)

7. 10/12 Georgia Tech (ACC)

8. 10/19 @ Houston (Big East)

9. 10/26 Boise State (Big East)

10. 11/2

11. 11/9 @ Wisconsin (Big 10)

12. 11/16 Middle Tennessee State (Sun)

13. 11/23 @ Notre Dame (Ind)

14. 11/30

15. 12/7 @ Hawaii (MWC)


I would just point out that Utah State will be in the Mountain West in 2013. WAC will no longer be a FBS football conference.
M
MTM
KingCoug wrote:
Utah's 2013 schedule was released and it looks like they'll have a bye-week before they play us. So I wouldn't mind having the same.


I've heard Oregon State will be moved to week three for Utah.
Y
Y 4 Ever
MTM wrote:
Utah's 2013 schedule was released and it looks like they'll have a bye-week before they play us. So I wouldn't mind having the same.


I've heard Oregon State will be moved to week three for Utah.


Perfect. Then we can schedule Idaho St that week. Sounds good to me.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Y 4 Ever wrote:
Y 4 Ever wrote:


bi-weeks are great whenever they occur



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I don't know. Sometimes they can interrupt momentum and they're usually not needed early on in the year unless a team is transitioning from non-conference games to conference games. That obviously don't apply to us. I'd typically like it to be half way through the season but, again, we could use one before we play Utah considering Bronco is 1-7 in Game #3 and has lost to the Pukes 3 straight times.

Oh, you're talking about BYE week. Totally different from bi-week



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Pahahahaha!!!!
Advertisement
S
scott715
Now our season is over when will we get the 2013 schedule? any quesses when it will be announced? IS Th considering the Big East or MWC agreement?
S
SpiffCoug
Wouldn't surprise me to see Weber State on the schedule again. Our maybe a similar FCS team.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.