U
urronerThese are some of my mostest favoritest commercial ever. I love his attitude.
<aside>
Several weeks ago, I was asked to give a talk in sacrament meeting and I started it out with:
"Several weeks ago, Bro. Whittemore asked me to give a talk today and I was excited about that. Y'all (I'm a southerner.) know how I don't like to talk in front of people, but I figured this would be a chance for me to improve myself.
I asked him what he wanted me to talk about and he said that I could talk about how I could become more humble. No problem, so that night I sat down, got a pen and some paper, and prepared to write a talk about how I could become more humble. Sad to say, I just sat there and couldn't come up with any way I could be more humble. I eventually fasted and prayed, but even after that I couldn't come up with anything.
(I then pull out a blank piece of paper from my pocket and showed it to the congregation.) See, this is all I could come up with after many hours of serious thought and prayer. Now, if I had been asked to talk about how Bro, Bandy or Bro. Houseman (both are former bishops and good friends) could become more humble, I could talk for hours, maybe even days, but Bro. Whittemore wanted me to talk about me. Dang people, I'm way too humble for that, so I guess I'll just talk about how we should learn learn how to learn to live by righteous principles and learn to not be commanded in all things. (That was my real topic.)
</aside>
Leon, for those of you who remember the commercials, is the most conceited person on a team. Everyone of them had me rolling. In the first one, Leon is told there is no "I" in "team" and he responded with "Well, there ain't no "we" either."
<another aside>
My fifth son, took that and almost had his football coach choke him. The coach said in a pep talk "There isn't an "I" in team" when my son responded, "But Coach, there is a "me" in 'team'." The coach just looked at him with his eyes wide open (they were good friends) and finally, after his mouth moved, but no words came out, he said "..and son, there soon won't be a 'U' in this team either." Everybody just busted out laughing. You would have thought that it had been planned.
</another aside>
I've missed some, but for you youngsters who haven't seen these before, this is old school.
Bud Ad: Leon Interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BkIh1R5utY
Leon Time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGKRveiT6Xg
Leon and Lost Cause
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iu8PjILyis
Leon's Best Side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nShJm4mKIpY
Leon Helps Ref
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow1RGK0XX_U
Leon Not Going There
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIIoW7_FVGo
Leon Makes Baseball Team
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7ALrwzz4lc
Leon as a Novice Pro Baseball Player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_thpzKuhOo
Leon in On Deck Circle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAUpBXRxqQ8
Leon and Not Enough Money
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL7f4KiarJM
Leon Wanting to Become Commentator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4nahoOqzk0
<aside>
Several weeks ago, I was asked to give a talk in sacrament meeting and I started it out with:
"Several weeks ago, Bro. Whittemore asked me to give a talk today and I was excited about that. Y'all (I'm a southerner.) know how I don't like to talk in front of people, but I figured this would be a chance for me to improve myself.
I asked him what he wanted me to talk about and he said that I could talk about how I could become more humble. No problem, so that night I sat down, got a pen and some paper, and prepared to write a talk about how I could become more humble. Sad to say, I just sat there and couldn't come up with any way I could be more humble. I eventually fasted and prayed, but even after that I couldn't come up with anything.
(I then pull out a blank piece of paper from my pocket and showed it to the congregation.) See, this is all I could come up with after many hours of serious thought and prayer. Now, if I had been asked to talk about how Bro, Bandy or Bro. Houseman (both are former bishops and good friends) could become more humble, I could talk for hours, maybe even days, but Bro. Whittemore wanted me to talk about me. Dang people, I'm way too humble for that, so I guess I'll just talk about how we should learn learn how to learn to live by righteous principles and learn to not be commanded in all things. (That was my real topic.)
</aside>
Leon, for those of you who remember the commercials, is the most conceited person on a team. Everyone of them had me rolling. In the first one, Leon is told there is no "I" in "team" and he responded with "Well, there ain't no "we" either."
<another aside>
My fifth son, took that and almost had his football coach choke him. The coach said in a pep talk "There isn't an "I" in team" when my son responded, "But Coach, there is a "me" in 'team'." The coach just looked at him with his eyes wide open (they were good friends) and finally, after his mouth moved, but no words came out, he said "..and son, there soon won't be a 'U' in this team either." Everybody just busted out laughing. You would have thought that it had been planned.
</another aside>
I've missed some, but for you youngsters who haven't seen these before, this is old school.
Bud Ad: Leon Interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BkIh1R5utY
Leon Time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGKRveiT6Xg
Leon and Lost Cause
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iu8PjILyis
Leon's Best Side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nShJm4mKIpY
Leon Helps Ref
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow1RGK0XX_U
Leon Not Going There
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIIoW7_FVGo
Leon Makes Baseball Team
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7ALrwzz4lc
Leon as a Novice Pro Baseball Player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_thpzKuhOo
Leon in On Deck Circle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAUpBXRxqQ8
Leon and Not Enough Money
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL7f4KiarJM
Leon Wanting to Become Commentator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4nahoOqzk0

