Archived Topic

Reasons for Optimism against Air Force

by Mars · 11/19/2009

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
The reason I am most optimistic is because BYU played so crap v. UNM, and they seem to play better after a bad performance or when huge underdogs because they have something to prove. They play with more fire, more emotion and more passion. This team plays it's worst games when it starts to feel too good about itself(See FSU, TCU, 2008), and it's best when it gets ripped locally for a poor game(See Wyoming). I expect BYU to punk AFA.



Of course, that makes me nervous for the Utah game, because if they do play really good v. AFA, they set themselves up for the fall v. Utah. I know many other posters on this board feel the same way about this team. They need an edge, a motivation to play their best. Typically, that motivation is the result of a negative, not a positive. I wish this was not the case.
M
Mars
Lawboy wrote:
This team plays it's worst games when it starts to feel too good about itself (See FSU, TCU, 2008), and it's best when it gets ripped locally for a poor game(See Wyoming). I expect BYU to punk AFA. Of course, that makes me nervous for the Utah game, because if they do play really good v. AFA, they set themselves up for the fall v. Utah.
I know that I have this concern.



Oddly enough, it's always the opposite for their bowl game. Beat Utah, win the bowl. Lose to Utah, lose the bowl. I think it's happened every season like this under Bronco.
B
BroncoBot
Mars wrote:
This team plays it's worst games when it starts to feel too good about itself (See FSU, TCU, 2008), and it's best when it gets ripped locally for a poor game(See Wyoming). I expect BYU to punk AFA. Of course, that makes me nervous for the Utah game, because if they do play really good v. AFA, they set themselves up for the fall v. Utah.
I know that I have this concern.



Oddly enough, it's always the opposite for their bowl game. Beat Utah, win the bowl. Lose to Utah, lose the bowl. I think it's happened every season like this under Bronco.


No correlation whatsoever. ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.