Archived Topic

Has Coach Rose Announced whose starting?

by cougfan84 · 11/7/2012

Advertisement
C
cougfan84
Mine....



Davies

Haws

Zylstra

Carlino

Cusick
M
Mars
cougfan84 wrote:
Mine....



Davies

Haws

Zylstra

Carlino

Cusick

I would think that either Austin or Sharp would start. And that it would be Austin. Augi still behind.



That leaves either Cusick or Zylstra, and Cusick makes for good shooting off of the bench. Raul still catching up.
M
Mythranor
Last I heard Rose was leaning toward Carlino Cusik Haws Sharp Davies but I could be wrong
Q
Qman
I think we will see

Carlino

Haws

Zylstra

Austin

Davies



With Cusick and Sharp first off the bench.
G
Gunk
Davies and Haws. Everything else is up for grabs.



I hope Zylstra doesn't start. If he does, it better be at the 3 with Haws at the 2. Yes, Haws has played the 2.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
Guest
I like Haws at the 2.
I
IowaCougar
In the last exhibition game, Zylstra started but didn't do much in the first half. In the second half he didn't start but had a strong showing off the bench. I think he can be very valuable, but perhaps most valuable coming off the bench. The cougars have a lot of options, and should be an exciting team this year.
G
Gunk
hawkwing wrote:
I like Haws at the 2.


Me too and it's likely where he'd play at the next level, should he get there.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
beauso79
Gunk wrote:
I like Haws at the 2.


Me too and it's likely where he'd play at the next level, should he get there.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I'd like to say I agree but that would leave us awful thin at the 3. We need Zylstra coming off the bench at the 3 as he seems to play better when he's not starting. I think we'll be forced to start Cusick at the 2 and Haws at the 3 to begin with which isn't too terribly bad



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Q
Qman
Gunk wrote:
I like Haws at the 2.


Me too and it's likely where he'd play at the next level, should he get there.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I have to say this is very unlikely. He is undersized as an NBA 2 and below average athletically. Now if he can continue to extend his shot and become a great 3 point shooter he has a chance.
Advertisement
R
rblack
Qman wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
I like Haws at the 2.


Me too and it's likely where he'd play at the next level, should he get there.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I have to say this is very unlikely. He is undersized as an NBA 2 and below average athletically. Now if he can continue to extend his shot and become a great 3 point shooter he has a chance.

Average size of 2 Guard in NBA is 6' 6", however the size range is from 6' 3" to 6' 9". Average weight is 211lbs, weight range is 188-240 lbs. At 6' 5" and 200 lbs, he's not out of the size range for a 2 guard in the NBA. As for whether he can make it athletically, he's only a sophomore right off his mission. He will improve athletically.

I guess it comes down to your definition of "undersized." To me within 1" of the norm height wise for a 2 guard and within 6% of the norm on weight, does not represent someone who is "undersized."
Q
Qman
I guess we will see. When I try to picture Haws in the NBA I just seem him moving a step slower than everyone else.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.