Archived Topic

Are You As Pissed At KVN As You Are At Riley Nelson?

by Cougarbib · 11/6/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
There has been much speculation that Riley Nelson hid injuries or the extent of injuries in Fall 2010 and Fall 2012. I have never seen any coach claim that happened - just fans.........1,2,3 enter the fan connected to the team physicians



Bronco Mendenhall, when asked if he previously had concerns about KVN returning from his torn labrum surgery



Said - paraphrased



KVN is one of the toughest players I know. He did not use the word, grit, though - whew



Went on to say that KVN was injured in the TCU game, never said a word about it to any of the coaches - finished out the season without any word - then came in after the season, and said, Coach my shoulder hurts.



Seriously - see Bronco interview after Monday's practice.



Then he went on to say - KVN would never want to come out of any game no matter what



So - how pissed are you at KVN for being so selfish?



I am as pissed as I am at Riley - ie not one bit pissed at either of them because I would try to play through injury too. And - I have never heard any coach even say Riley hid an injury.
C
Cougarfan87
Not a bit. The difference is that one was still performing very well, and the other's injury obviously affected his performance to the detriment of the team. No one was asking the question, "I wonder if Van Noy is so doped up that he can't think straight." Or "Why has Van Noy fallen off the face of the earth?"



If a player can actually still compete at a high level with an injury, I have no problem with him still playing.
J
jonnylingo
The key difference is that kvn played at high level even with injury. riley, not so much.
S
SpiffCoug
Can anyone help me? I looking to find a BYU player to get mad at. I don't really care the reason. I just want to find fault with some BYU players I cheer for. It can be either a star player or some obscure bench warmer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
B
byucougar1
Let's start with Famika Anae - guy comes out like a beast vs HI, knocks Out 2 players, finishes his blocks downfield and is basically a menace/terror on the field - injecting the OL with a new nasty attitude. Plays hurt - what a waste of talent. Then he goes and retires as a one game wonder. Shame on him. TIC!!!J



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
Stirfry
Cougarfan87 wrote:
Not a bit. The difference is that one was still performing very well, and the other's injury obviously affected his performance to the detriment of the team.

+1


Cougarbib wrote:
Then he went on to say - KVN would never want to come out of any game no matter what



So - how pissed are you at KVN for being so selfish?

I love a player that would never want to come out of a game. Not so much for a player that wont come out of a game.
L
Lawboy
Bib has gone well past jumping the shark to now outright trolling.



At this point, I think it is clear that he simply enjoys winding up BYU fans, and not actually having legit discussions.



In other words, trolls like a Yewt. I think he needs a timeout.
M
Mars


I'm pissed at yewtbib, for wasting our time with this crap.
Y
Y12
The day BYU starts losing games beacuse KVN is hurt is the day I will get mad at him for playing hurt.



BYU was undefeated last year after the TCU game, and KVN had A LOT to do with that. Monster games down the stretch for him.
T
tmoney35
I'm not pissed at Riley for playing hurt, I'm pissed at the coaches who wouldn't bench him when it was painfully obvious that he was completely ineffective.
Advertisement
S
stgeorgefan
I heard Jordan Pendleton played hurt against TCu last year. The following week his career was over. Now in hindsight I blame the loss vs TCU last year on J.P...



[obvious] Here is the difference in my opinion on KVN and RN playing injured. TALENT... One has some when he is healthy and has NONE when he's injured. The other has loads of talent healthy and talent when injured.

Nobody seemed to know that KVN was injured last year because the drop off in production wasn't there.

Riley can't afford to:

Be injured

Be drugged

play an good D

Be blized

Pass more than 30 yeards down the field...



Seriously Riley is an over achiever, he can't afford to have anything going against him or else the production falls..[/obvious]
K
KingCoug
Shocked that Cougarbib didn't see the flaw in his original post.
C
Cougarbib
stgeorgefan wrote:
I heard Jordan Pendleton played hurt against TCu last year. The following week his career was over. Now in hindsight I blame the loss vs TCU last year on J.P...



[obvious] Here is the difference in my opinion on KVN and RN playing injured. TALENT... One has some when he is healthy and has NONE when he's injured. The other has loads of talent healthy and talent when injured.

Nobody seemed to know that KVN was injured last year because the drop off in production wasn't there.

Riley can't afford to:

Be injured

Be drugged

play an good D

Be blized

Pass more than 30 yeards down the field...



Seriously Riley is an over achiever, he can't afford to have anything going against him or else the production falls..[/obvious]


That isn't the question. The question is whether it is ok for a player to hide an injury. I think it is very common and just part of reality.
N
northerncougar
I'm telling you people, put him on ignore. Life around here is much more pleasant.



We don't all agree all the time and I love that the majority of poster here can have a conversation, even heated at times, and still be civil. The vast majority here can disagree and not be a troll.



He can't.
C
Cougarbib
KingCoug wrote:
Shocked that Cougarbib didn't see the flaw in his original post.




That has nothing to do with the original post.



The OP is a question of whether a player is evil if they decide to take that decision into their own hands and out of the hands of the coaches by hiding an injury.



Obviously, it will work out better in some cases than others. Maybe KVN missed a few key tackles because of it. Maybe in that very game - TCU. IDK.



But that is not what this is about.



Was it selfish for KVN to hide an injury - or not?
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
northerncougar wrote:
I'm telling you people, put him on ignore. Life around here is much more pleasant.



We don't all agree all the time and I love that the majority of poster here can have a conversation, even heated at times, and still be civil. The vast majority here can disagree and not be a troll.



He can't.


Yet - here you are again. Can you get that ignore button fixed. It seems to not be working.



Another irony - and you call this post civil.
M
Mingjai
Lawboy wrote:
Bib has gone well past jumping the shark to now outright trolling.



At this point, I think it is clear that he simply enjoys winding up BYU fans, and not actually having legit discussions.



In other words, trolls like a Yewt. I think he needs a timeout.


http://marketingland.com/wp-content/ml-loads/2012/03/fonzie-two.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
stgeorgefan wrote:
I heard Jordan Pendleton played hurt against TCu last year. The following week his career was over. Now in hindsight I blame the loss vs TCU last year on J.P...



[obvious] Here is the difference in my opinion on KVN and RN playing injured. TALENT... One has some when he is healthy and has NONE when he's injured. The other has loads of talent healthy and talent when injured.

Nobody seemed to know that KVN was injured last year because the drop off in production wasn't there.

Riley can't afford to:

Be injured

Be drugged

play an good D

Be blized

Pass more than 30 yeards down the field...



Seriously Riley is an over achiever, he can't afford to have anything going against him or else the production falls..[/obvious]


Not what this post is about - unless you are saying JP hid his injury. I do not think he did. No coach has ever said he did. We all knew he was injured. Coaches decided to play him - probably because they felt that gave us the best chance to win.
G
Guest
Cougarbib wrote:
I'm telling you people, put him on ignore. Life around here is much more pleasant.



We don't all agree all the time and I love that the majority of poster here can have a conversation, even heated at times, and still be civil. The vast majority here can disagree and not be a troll.



He can't.


Yet - here you are again. Can you get that ignore button fixed. It seems to not be working.



Another irony - and you call this post civil.


The ignore button works just fine. It hides all posts by the user from the person who has them on ignore. It doesn't hide other peoples posts though.
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
northerncougar wrote:
I'm telling you people, put him on ignore. Life around here is much more pleasant.



We don't all agree all the time and I love that the majority of poster here can have a conversation, even heated at times, and still be civil. The vast majority here can disagree and not be a troll.



He can't.


Yet - here you are again. Can you get that ignore button fixed. It seems to not be working.



Another irony - and you call this post civil.


The ignore button works just fine. It hides all posts by the user from the person who has them on ignore. It doesn't hide other peoples posts though.


I realize this. My TIC point, is that if you truly want to ignore someone and be helpful to others you think might benefit from ignoring that person - The STUPIDEST thing you can do is post a comment on that thread telling people to ignore the poster. It just recycles the thread back to the top of the list and notifies everyone who posted on that thread that there is a new post and gives them a link right to it.



That is what I mean by The Totally Ignore Button - Just Ignore It.



Or read it, get a good chuckle, post something and bring it topside again - kind of the opposite of ignore actually.



Then when two or three of your closest virtual friends chime in - lots of hits.



Anyway - on those rare occasions when I decide I want to ignore someone - that is what I do



I simply ignore them and hope everyone else does as well.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.