Archived Topic

Lady Soccer 2012 in NCAAs 1 seed

by scott715 · 11/5/2012

Advertisement
S
scott715
http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/soccer-women/d1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



We open at home against Utah State who we beat eariler in the year. Penn St got a 1 and we beat them at home.



Pepperdine, Portland, and SCU made the tournament too.
G
Guest
Congrats to the Lady Soccer Cougs. They have looked very good this year.
P
pjspack
WOW just WOW, This is certainly well deserved. They probably have the best coach in America right now. Jennifer Rockwood is the best there is end of story. Mark my words they are going all the way this year.
S
scott715
A lot of good seniors on this team. Here are some of the recruits for next year. The future is looking good.



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765614776/Ms-Soccer-2012-Avery-Calton-helped-the-Ogden-Tigers-become-a-powerhouse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765614778/All-state-girls-soccer-2012-MVPs-proved-their-worth-in-the-playoffs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsrecruiting/54378713-54/state-byu-team-committed.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S
scott715
Teams in the tourney we have beat include, LBSU, Colardo College, Pepperdine, 4 seed Portland, USU, Washington (potential next opponent) and 1 seed PSU with a tie to SCU.
Advertisement
S
scott715
We are now ranked #2 in the country behind Stanford.
S
scott715
We won today 2-1 and will play 13-10-1 Auburn next. UP and SC also won their matches.
P
pjspack
WOW what a game BYU wins in the last 46 seconds. They will now be going on to play Marquette in 3rd round on Saturday in Provo. And yes there still going all the way.
I
IowaCougar
I watched the whole game last night on BYUtv. I couldn't believe they could be so dominant without scoring - and then they win on the PK. I got the impression Auburn was hoping to keep it a scoreless tie and hope for a win in penalty kicks at the end.
S
Schmoe
IowaCougar wrote:
I watched the whole game last night on BYUtv. I couldn't believe they could be so dominant without scoring - and then they win on the PK. I got the impression Auburn was hoping to keep it a scoreless tie and hope for a win in penalty kicks at the end.


Me too. My heart dropped into my stomach every time Auburn crossed midfield, I just kept thinking "If we've dominated the whole game but give up an ugly/lucky goal, it's gonna ruin my night."
Advertisement
S
scott715
Next is Marquette ranked #12 Saturday 5pm MST.
P
profgeek
Great game by the Cougar ladies tonight, but I hate the PK shootout. Still, they move on. Question: Since the NCAA championship is scheduled for a Sunday, what happens if we advance to that game?
G
Guest
They reschedule or we forfeit
S
scott715
They will reschedule it if we get there due to NCAA rule.



Double overtime and we won 6-5 on penalty kicks. Two freshman and two sophomores. The two seniors missed theres. Game was nerve wracking. We will play the winner of #11 Baylor vs #13 North Carolina.



I was wondering if the KBYUtv and their tournament run is an advantage for recruiting? They have had a lot of games on tv and they look like a fun team to play on. Our freshman class has been really good this year.
Advertisement
M
Metal Bubba
I hate games decided by PK, but at least we won. The last two squeakers have been nerve-wracking.



I've been trying to visit the team webpage since last night. It's still down. Probably won't be fixed until Monday, since this is the Sabbath. Still... has the BYU women's soccer team become so popular that the servers can't handle all the traffic?



:P
S
scott715
The quarterfinal game on Friday is now a sellout. Looks to be a record attendance. i wonder what capacity is. The game is on KBYUtv.
S
SpiffCoug
Capacity is about 3k.
S
scott715
I think the record is about 4,700. They sold the seats and standing room.
S
SpiffCoug
I think the stands themselves are 3k. But they've added some belachers on the east side and then standing room. I think you're about right.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.