Archived Topic

Will Romney win the election?

by hawkwing · 11/5/2012

Advertisement
G
Guest
Do you think Romney will win the election?



Poll results show a dead heat, but they are heavily skewed towards Dems, but that makes sense, because many hard core liberal will do everything they can to vote more than once.



I was confident, now I'm pessimistic. I just can't help but feel that the Country will get who they deserve, and there are so many in the country that can't stand the thought of an honest and virtuous man as president.
S
scott715
To be honest, I will be a basket case tomorrow. Even thought of taking the day off and just watching tv.
T
tww
scott715 wrote:
To be honest, I will be a basket case tomorrow. Even thought of taking the day off and just watching tv.




I hear you brother. Know that you are not alone.
G
Guest
I should add, 'I don't know, I'm a basket case'
M
mizzoucoug
Basket case here. I have little hope for the future of this country if this election is even close. The more uneducated illegals who flood this country the greater the stranglehold the progressive/marxists will have on our elections. It can only get worse as long as the media and schools continue to be run by OWS losers types. I really hope Romney wins but I am sad that so many are (again) being duped by empty rhetoric and a man who hates capitalism.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
scott715 wrote:
To be honest, I will be a basket case tomorrow. Even thought of taking the day off and just watching tv.




+1. But - don't take the day off. Nothing really starts to cook till about 10pm. I really believe Romney will win. Mitt will be the 45th President of the United States.



However - I am nervous ..... nervous. About Democrat voter fraud in Ohio, Florida, and Virginia. I think it's a real possibility. That said - Go Mitt!
I
imuakahuku
I'll call it. A landslide for Romney. He gets PA. WI, CO, NH, and OH to get over 300 E-votes. Ignore the polls. They are so off it is just silly. The Dems won't be able to cheat enough to even make it close.



Repubs now represent 39% of the population

Dems are down to 34% of the population

Romney is at at least 2 to 1 for independants and that doesn't even include the few undecided that usually swing around 75% or more for the challenger on election day.

Repub energy is way up and Dem enthusiasm is way down.

All the polls still way over sample the Dems based on 2008 and ignores 2010.(from 7 to 11 points which swings about 7 points in the poll (so a 49-47 poll for Obama with an 11 point oversample would actually be about 52-43 Romney if adjusted to a fair sample.)

From my own observation I have seen two Obama bumper stickers this election and about 20 Romeny bumper stickers. May not seem like much but in 2008, it was impossible to count the number of bumper stickers for Obama, it was at least every other car around here. Now just two. Yard signs are at least 15 or 20 to 1 Romney to Obama. And I live in blue OH (North of Columbus).





As far as OH goes, as Hamilton County goes so goes OH and the US. Hamilton votes Rep except in the last election. This year the polls say it is even but Obama gets 2k or less to rallys while Romney brings in 30,000+ to his around that area.
S
snoscythe
The latest CNN poll showing a dead heat between Romney and Obama nationally polled Dems at +11%, meaning they had to hypothesize better Dem turnout than in 2008 to get to a tie.
S
scott715
Well I got 2 Obama phone calls and one Romney. The Dems are desperate and working hard. The 47% are trying to keep their freebees.
S
SpiffCoug
I am one of those melodramatic fools

Neurotic to the bone

No doubt about it.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
A very good read and interesting "op-ed" piece in the Wall St. Journal ~





Sheldon G. Adelson: I Didn't Leave the Democrats. They Left Me



There is an anti-Israel movement among the rank and file, and the party no longer appears to value self-reliance, charity and accountability.



By SHELDON G. ADELSON



When members of the Democratic Party booed the inclusion of God and Jerusalem in their party platform this year, I thought of my parents.



They would have been astounded.



The immigrant family in which I grew up was, in the matter of politics, typical of the Jews of Boston in the 1930s and '40s. Of the two major parties, the Democrats were in those days the more supportive of Jewish causes.



http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204712904578092670469140316.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
T
tww
imuakahuku wrote:
I'll call it. A landslide for Romney. He gets PA. WI, CO, NH, and OH to get over 300 E-votes. Ignore the polls. They are so off it is just silly. The Dems won't be able to cheat enough to even make it close.



Repubs now represent 39% of the population

Dems are down to 34% of the population

Romney is at at least 2 to 1 for independants and that doesn't even include the few undecided that usually swing around 75% or more for the challenger on election day.

Repub energy is way up and Dem enthusiasm is way down.

All the polls still way over sample the Dems based on 2008 and ignores 2010.(from 7 to 11 points which swings about 7 points in the poll (so a 49-47 poll for Obama with an 11 point oversample would actually be about 52-43 Romney if adjusted to a fair sample.)

From my own observation I have seen two Obama bumper stickers this election and about 20 Romeny bumper stickers. May not seem like much but in 2008, it was impossible to count the number of bumper stickers for Obama, it was at least every other car around here. Now just two. Yard signs are at least 15 or 20 to 1 Romney to Obama. And I live in blue OH (North of Columbus).





As far as OH goes, as Hamilton County goes so goes OH and the US. Hamilton votes Rep except in the last election. This year the polls say it is even but Obama gets 2k or less to rallys while Romney brings in 30,000+ to his around that area.


Because the stakes are so high and because I have seen the impact of the democrat practice of "vote early and vote often," it is hard not to be nervous about this election.



However, My head and my political gut says Romney wins this thing going away. If all things were equal it would be a landslide of historical proportions but it should still be a strong win on the level of Reagan v. Carter.



Here's why:

The fact that the stakes are so high not only has the Republican base energized to level not seen in a very long time but the independents, fiscal conservative/social libs, and all but the most hack-headed Democrats are all moving to Romney like the building is on fire and he is the only exit.



Meanwhile, Obama has the media, white house, Dem party, unions, Harry Reid, Bill Clinton, the race-baters, extortion politics, fake polls, Hollywood, Springstein, Osama, the Black and Latino vote and he can't surge let alone gain momentum to take the lead no matter how far the numbers are fudged and stretched. He can't even maintain a hold on Saturday Night Live and David Letterman. This is looking more and more like many people that say they support Obama will either not show or be voting Romney.



Wednesday needs to be a national holiday to celebrate this long needed win by Romney.
T
tww
I am trying to imagine what it will be like, what blessings and light will breakthrough, to have people kneeling in the oval office for something other than oral sex.
S
SpiffCoug
Romney will win a majority of the popular vote and over 300 electoral votes.
D
Ddawg
SpiffCoug wrote:
Romney will win a majority of the popular vote and over 300 electoral votes.


I like the way you think. I want to believe.



I stocked up today on my comfort food for tomorrow night, while watching the election returns. I bought 2 - 2 Ltr. bottles of Coke Zero, and 2 large bags of Frito corn chips. Mongo iz ready.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Right now I'm trying to decided if I should listen to the radio during work tomorrow or just wait until I get home. What I do I will do is after they announce Romney wins Ohio and/or Pennsylvania I'm changing the channel to MSNBC to watch the meltdown that will put anything CC has ever done to shame.
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:
Right now I'm trying to decided if i

Oh uh looks like they took Spiff to silence him!
M
Mars


Everything I'm reading right now is pointing to Romney 230, Obama 310. Hope the media is full of hot air.
D
Ddawg
Mars wrote:


Everything I'm reading right now is pointing to Romney 230, Obama 310. Hope the media is full of hot air.


It's nervous time. 4th qtr.
T
tww
Mars wrote:


Everything I'm reading right now is pointing to Romney 230, Obama 310. Hope the media is full of hot air.




Consider the source. Don't believe it.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.