Archived Topic

Tom Holmoe - It Will Be Good

by Cougarbib · 11/1/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
I have read the reports on the TH WCC comments on KSL and Deseret News. When my wife goes to bed- I will listen to the interview live if I can find it and get it to work, because the reports are a bit different. Deseret News specifically mentions a section about "shake-ups" coming. The quotes do not mention "shake-up" but do mention changes.



Paraphrasing Tom Holmoe

There are some things wrong that cannot be fixed in the course of a season and will be a work in progress going into next season. There will be some changes by next year - from technical things to things that will be visible - that will help the team. IT WILL BE GOOD.



What does that mean. I decided to borrow DM's divining rod and see what deep story is buried in those 4 words.



I finally got it - BYU is joining The Big 12 by next season. OK - Big East is more likely, but Big 12 is a better story.



KSL seemed to quote TH as saying his expectations for 2012 were to fight for a NC or BCS Bowl at minimum and thus the season is judged a big disappointment. After reading the D-News version, the quote indicated that TH never expected a NC or BCS Bowl team. he thought we would have a good team, but cracks could be seen from early on. I think the first KSL quote was a reference to fan expectations and the D-News one represented TH expectations.



When asked about the coaches, he indicated some friction in the heat of battle that has been addressed so we can move forward and forget things that happened in 2012. He expressed confidence in the coaches in a few comments. One quote - I love these coaches - I have seen how they work. He acknowledged they are doing the right long-term things - not going for short-sighted quick fixes and acknowledged that some players were not as good as coaches thought they would be, but you can't fix that just by snapping your fingers or telling them to change. That quote is for DM.



Just thought I would share what the reports actually say.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.