Archived Topic

Trent Trammell

by Cougarbib · 11/1/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Another post bemoaned the decommit of Orphey from BYU in favor of Utah.



Nobody seems at all interested in anything positive these days.



TT is another Juco corner who signed with BYU in October - holding offers from other schools, including Utah.



He was surprised a year ago when BYU first approached him. He had a great relationship with the family next door - not even knowing they were Mormons for several years. When BYU showed interest - his JC friends gave him a million reasons why he should not go there.



He came on an unofficial visit with his skeptical dad who immediately loved Bronco Mendenhall. His mom was still skeptical, so she came on the official visit when we beat USU and immediately got comfortable that it was a good environment to keep her son out if trouble. He is not LDS, but already living in compliance with HC. Says he loves the way the defense plays - loved watching the GT game on TV.



The season is not over. There are lots of things to play for. Sure impressed this kid.



Glad he will be a cougar.
B
byucougar1
Note Orphey said Honor Code was not for him. Good choice - he would never have made it at BY with that attitude. Better to have schollie given to player like Trammel that gets what the Y is about and what it offers.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
I haven't read any posts bemoaning the decommitment of Orphey. Most people seem to understand that he's looking for a life style that doesn't conform to the honor code. Better for him to drop out now then get kicked out and possible take a few other players with him.



Accuracy in posting sure does go a long way to providing credibility.
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
I haven't read any posts bemoaning the decommitment of Orphey. Most people seem to understand that he's looking for a life style that doesn't conform to the honor code. Better for him to drop out now then get kicked out and possible take a few other players with him.



Accuracy in posting sure does go a long way to providing credibility.


Go look a little closer Hawk. I think you will find a little bemoaning, specifically considering where he went.



This was my point - there is little posted lately about anything positive. No feel good stories. Here is one where we beat out the Utes in recruiting an African American corner who is not LDS. This was not even mentioned on the Orphey thread - just him feeling more comfortable with his cousin and fellow Utes and PAC 12, etc.



This is a young man that loves Bronco and talks about how he and dad and mom overcame skepticism immediately upon meeting the man. It is nice to read something factual and positive about the man instead of fiction about the length of his leash and the depth of the bite marks in his butt, etc., etc., etc.



But go ahead and change the topic from this positivity to your defensiveness and a debate about what constitutes bemoaning. It certainly wasn't a celebratory post.



I thought perhaps a few fans might want a break from all of the crap - maybe share what they know about this kid. We are graduating two corners, and for us, it has always been a challenge filling corner spots. This is one area where BYU recruiting has definitely improved under Bronco.



Celebrate. Be happy. There are many other threads where one can go to wallow in mystery - I mean misery - or mystery and misery and fiction.
G
Guest
If you want to post a happy post, I'm fine with that. In fact, it would be most welcome. But you began your post by calling people out for something that I don't recall seeing. You don't need to call people out and start a positive post with negativity.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
I am telling you, use the ignore button people. you have no idea how awesome it is until you just do it!
C
Cougarbib
jonnylingo wrote:
I am telling you, use the ignore button people. you have no idea how awesome it is until you just do it!

Irony if irony - here you are again. Try the totally ignore button.



So - anyway Hawk and Lingo - and BTW - Orma Wallengren, a family friend, who many, many years ago lived at and ran The Homestead in Midway wrote the Movie for BYU from whence the name JohnnyLingo came, iirc.



Anyway -



What are your thoughts on Trent Trammell. Is he good? Is he better than Orphey? Has recruiting of CBs improved under Bronco. Although most would agree that media rapport and fan rapport are not strengths of Bronco's style and personality - is it just the opposite with players? All players or just defensive players?



Anyway - help unpack this thread you hijacked - and share your thoughts. We need cornerbacks - good to go - right out of the chutes next year. Will this guy be a stud out of the gates or a work-in-progress? Who else we got already in the house? Should we be grooming some others the next 4 games?
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
hawkwing wrote:
If you want to post a happy post, I'm fine with that. In fact, it would be most welcome. But you began your post by calling people out for something that I don't recall seeing. You don't need to call people out and start a positive post with negativity.

Things I hate: nonsensical conflicts on CC, the SEC minus Vanderbilt, not having cult status anymore per Billy Graham's decision, baby kittens, current state of Rice football (we are awful), current state of Tulane football (see comment about Rice), this whole Disney-Lucasfilm merger--I mean OMG what is happening to the universe?, not being able to spell potatoe however I freakin feel like, gosh!, and nonsensical conflicts on CC.



Things I am happy about: We will go to a bowl and Utah won't, the general feeling that the state of BYU football is on the rise, guys like Trent Trammell. Some part of me is also happy to see a recruit go based on the reasoning of, "Well, I think I need to get more involved in drugs, sex, alcohol, so I think I should go to the U instead of BYU. Sorry guys, I just have to look out for what's most important for me." Good riddance, young man, you are not wanted. BYU is a great program, and we keep a good character while doing it. Be a part of it or don't.
M
MTM
TulaneVandyRiceCoug wrote:



Things I am happy about: We will go to a bowl and Utah won't, Not decided yet.

the general feeling that the state of BYU football is on the rise, guys like Trent Trammell. Fine to have your opinion. I think BYU football is facing it's most tenuous period since 1972. I think they way they manage the next 3 or 4 years will be critical to their viability as a program going forward,

Some part of me is also happy to see a recruit go based on the reasoning of, "Well, I think I need to get more involved in drugs, sex, alcohol, so I think I should go to the U instead of BYU. Sorry guys, I just have to look out for what's most important for me." That is not what the kid said. Not wanting the honor code does not equal drugs, sex, alcohol and it is stupid to believe otherwise.

Good riddance, young man, you are not wanted. Oh but he is. BYU coaches "will continue to try and recruit me"

BYU is a great program, and we keep a good character while doing it. Be a part of it or don't. He chose "don't". So what?
[/quote]
S
Schmoe
It is odd that he chose BYU and then later cited the honor code as a major reason to change his mind, was he not aware of it before? Anyway, no reason to hate on the kid, I know LDS guys who weren't down with the HC, so it's understandable that a non-LDS kid wouldn't be thrilled by it.
Advertisement
M
MTM
Schmoe wrote:
It is odd that he chose BYU and then later cited the honor code as a major reason to change his mind, was he not aware of it before? Anyway, no reason to hate on the kid, I know LDS guys who weren't down with the HC, so it's understandable that a non-LDS kid wouldn't be thrilled by it.


Well I do also find it odd that he would commit in the first place if it was really about the HC.



When I read the article on Rivals it sounded to me that it was more about playing with his cousin and in the PAC-12.



And I try not to get too excited about recruits until the first Wednesday in February anyway.
N
northerncougar
jonnylingo wrote:
I am telling you, use the ignore button people. you have no idea how awesome it is until you just do it!


Agree completely. I've enjoyed my time here much more since I did the same thing.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.