Archived Topic

Davion Orphey

by Cougest · 10/31/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougest
Looks like our 6'1" 185Ib CB de-committed to BYU and committed to Utah. Runs a 4.45 40 and played RB last year. I was really wanting to see this kid in a BYU uniform next year. I guess his cousin plays at Utah and they are really close. If the roles were reversed Utah would be crying and saying we broke the rules and give some sort of religious spew. I bet Utah wasn't even interested in this kid until he committed to BYU.



On another note, since Williams is doing so good at RB and Alisa will be back next year, wouldn't Hine be a great site at CB? The kid was a state champ high jumper. Would be interesting.
T
tmoney35
I think this interview is pretty telling:


I talked to all of the coaches and they were all great and up frontwith me, but I'm not LDS and the Honor Code just isn't for me


http://pages.citebite.com/u6x8l4r1mcln



If he has family playing at Utah, and he doesn't want to live the honor code, and playing in the Pac-12 is so important to him (he mentioned that in the interview multiple times), I wonder why he committed to BYU at all?
D
Ddawg
He was swayed by the Cougar-Eat? :lol: :lol: :lol:
C
Cougest
tmoney35 wrote:
I think this interview is pretty telling:


I talked to all of the coaches and they were all great and up frontwith me, but I'm not LDS and the Honor Code just isn't for me


http://pages.citebite.com/u6x8l4r1mcln



If he has family playing at Utah, and he doesn't want to live the honor code, and playing in the Pac-12 is so important to him (he mentioned that in the interview multiple times), I wonder why he committed to BYU at all?




Agreed. I don't understand it either. I wonder if he did it just to get attention from Utah.
C
Cougarbib
tmoney35 wrote:
I think this interview is pretty telling:


I talked to all of the coaches and they were all great and up frontwith me, but I'm not LDS and the Honor Code just isn't for me


http://pages.citebite.com/u6x8l4r1mcln



If he has family playing at Utah, and he doesn't want to live the honor code, and playing in the Pac-12 is so important to him (he mentioned that in the interview multiple times), I wonder why he committed to BYU at all?


Pure Speculation - either Cougar Tail or



It was the best offer at the time.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
From what I understand, he's not LDS, so that largely let's him off the hook for me. If he were LDS and chose Utah after committing to BYU, I'd be pissed. But he said the Honor Code wasn't for him so he should fit in very well up at the U.
S
scott715
Yes, not LDS.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.