H
HoosierCougarThis quote jumped out at me in the Sunday Des News (middle of page 2 http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865565466/BYU-football-Cougars-snap-two-game-losing-streak-run-over-Georgia-Tech-41-17.html " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
I decided to mellow on it for a couple days, but it's still bugging me, so here's a thread.
This from the senior leader who told the media that he and Coach Doman were going to have to agree to disagree on his style of play. Can't find the link.
For a coaching staff dedicated to the idea of execution, it seems odd to go with the guy who says I won't be coached and I won't learn from my mistakes. (Yes, that's some hyperbole, but only a little.)
I decided to mellow on it for a couple days, but it's still bugging me, so here's a thread.
"I keep telling myself, game after game after game, 'Run, throw it away' and all that stuff," Nelson said. "But my natural instincts are to try to stay alive and make the miraculous play. This season, I've gotten burned time after time after time. I had no choice but to go on to the next play. You've got to forget about it. But man, I wish it didn't come to that. I hope not to do it again this season."
This from the senior leader who told the media that he and Coach Doman were going to have to agree to disagree on his style of play. Can't find the link.
For a coaching staff dedicated to the idea of execution, it seems odd to go with the guy who says I won't be coached and I won't learn from my mistakes. (Yes, that's some hyperbole, but only a little.)

