A
AlphaleonisBYU is now ranked #22 in the Sagarin computer rankings. Notre Dame #2, Oregon State #10. I agree this is not one of the major popularity polls, but nice anyhow.
Where would we be if not for the hit in Riley's back in the Weber State game? Or if Riley had been more honest with himself and the coaches about his back.
My guess is without the injury, or with honesty, we win 2 more, but 3 or 4 more would also be possible, especially if Taysom had not also been injured.
I admit my wrong. I was predicting 5 losses this year with a healthy Riley. I didn't think Utah would be as bad as they are, and thought at Boise would be a loss, along with NDU, Georgia Tech and Oregon State.
Georgia Tech is just flat out weak. They have 3 wins so far this year, and the three teams they beat have between them 1 (one) win versus FBS schools.
Oregon State got lucky against us. Hey - but we beat Utah State last year the same way. What goes around comes around. Funny that the win vs. USU last year and the loss to OSU this year both came on tipped Riley Nelson passes. (and a tipped OSU pass)
The reason I was wrong in predicting 5 losses, is I didn't know our defense would be as good as they are - most of the time.
I admit - we might still lose 5 games this year, but my prediction was 5 losses with a healthy Riley.
Where would we be if not for the hit in Riley's back in the Weber State game? Or if Riley had been more honest with himself and the coaches about his back.
My guess is without the injury, or with honesty, we win 2 more, but 3 or 4 more would also be possible, especially if Taysom had not also been injured.
I admit my wrong. I was predicting 5 losses this year with a healthy Riley. I didn't think Utah would be as bad as they are, and thought at Boise would be a loss, along with NDU, Georgia Tech and Oregon State.
Georgia Tech is just flat out weak. They have 3 wins so far this year, and the three teams they beat have between them 1 (one) win versus FBS schools.
Oregon State got lucky against us. Hey - but we beat Utah State last year the same way. What goes around comes around. Funny that the win vs. USU last year and the loss to OSU this year both came on tipped Riley Nelson passes. (and a tipped OSU pass)
The reason I was wrong in predicting 5 losses, is I didn't know our defense would be as good as they are - most of the time.
I admit - we might still lose 5 games this year, but my prediction was 5 losses with a healthy Riley.

