Archived Topic

Proposed Forum Changes

by hawkwing · 11/18/2009

Advertisement
G
Guest
Sammich has made some very good design suggestions to me about how to layout the site. I'd like to lay them out here and see what you all think before I make the changes. His suggestions ring pretty true to me, a simple site is a good site. The new proposed layout would look something like this:

The main page would have:

* BYU Football

* BYU Basketball

* BYU Sports - Other (not enough baseball discussion to merit a separate forum)

* Pro Sports (lump them all together, there's not enough discussion there to merit separate sub-forums)

* The Lounge



* Site Administration



* Cougars in the Pros

* Link to Prediction Game

* Link to Bball Prediction Game



The first section would be the "discussion" group, the second would of course be an "administration/site info" group, and the last would be a "page features(?)" group.



For your information, this is how the site is currently setup:



* BYU Sports

* * * BYU Football

* * * BYU Basketball

* * * BYU Baseball

* * * Other Sports

* * * Cougars in the Pros

* Prediction Game Link

* Bball Prediction Game Link

* Pro Sports

* * * Football

* * * Basketball

* * * Baseball

* * * Other

* Site Administration

* * * Administration
M
Mars


Yes.
I
Italics
- Mods that actually give a crap about the forum quality

- Lack of trolls

- Intelligent posters



Gotta love cougarcorner
C
CAFB_04-12
sounds good to me. I'm just happy to be here.
B
BroncoBot
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
sounds good to me. I'm just happy to be here.


I'll second that.
Advertisement
1
1967cougar
declocoug wrote:
sounds good to me. I'm just happy to be here.


I'll second that.


Add me to that comment.
A
ABYUFAN
I propose that the forum be changed to make is so that everyone who uses a personalized license plate as their avatar get a free Snickers and Dr. Pepper once a week from everybody else in the forum who doesn't :roll: :blush: :whistle: ;)
K
kiwibacon
Hawkwing,



I like the suggested changes.
A
ABYUFAN
kiwibacon wrote:
Hawkwing,



I like the suggested changes.


He means including mine :whistle:
K
kiwibacon
ABYUFAN wrote:
Hawkwing,



I like the suggested changes.


He means including mine :whistle:


Of course I do...my contribution is already in the mail this week.
Advertisement
M
Matty-B
Love it. A big fan of the "Cougars in the Pros".
B
BYUROCKS
Italics wrote:
- Mods that actually give a crap about the forum quality

- Lack of trolls

- Intelligent posters



Gotta love cougarcorner




AMEN!
G
Guest
Well it looks pretty neck and neck right now. But because of my extreme respect for Sammich I think I will be making these changes. I hope to have them in place by next week.



Thanks for chiming in everyone!
I
Italics
hawkwing wrote:
Well it looks pretty neck and neck right now. But because of my extreme respect for Sammich I think I will be making these changes. I hope to have them in place by next week.


If they're not, I'm switching to a new forum ;)
G
GolfDiveNCougs
I'm pretending this isn't TOTALLY pirating the thread and taking it in a different direction, but in the spirit of simplifying, I'm just curious, how hard is it to make a mobile version of the forum? I'm just away from my computer most of the day, and even though I am able to access the site through the google-mobile-converter etc, it's really cumbersome, most of the time won't let you sign in, and even when you can, it won't often let you post, just because of the format.

I realize this problem would be solved with one of them spaceage newfangled phones that are getting so popular right now (and it's not that I'm anti-gadget, I just don't have the 300 bones laying around, plus the extra 50 a month it would tack onto my cell bill), but I've heard making a mobil-ization of a site like this one is pretty easy. How bout it?
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
GolfDiveNCougs wrote:
I'm pretending this isn't TOTALLY pirating the thread and taking it in a different direction, but in the spirit of simplifying, I'm just curious, how hard is it to make a mobile version of the forum? I'm just away from my computer most of the day, and even though I am able to access the site through the google-mobile-converter etc, it's really cumbersome, most of the time won't let you sign in, and even when you can, it won't often let you post, just because of the format.

I realize this problem would be solved with one of them spaceage newfangled phones that are getting so popular right now (and it's not that I'm anti-gadget, I just don't have the 300 bones laying around, plus the extra 50 a month it would tack onto my cell bill), but I've heard making a mobil-ization of a site like this one is pretty easy. How bout it?


If it ain't too hard, I'd like a mobile version too. My Motorola q lets me acess the internet, but it ain't no iphone
G
Guest
ABYUFAN wrote:
I'm pretending this isn't TOTALLY pirating the thread and taking it in a different direction, but in the spirit of simplifying, I'm just curious, how hard is it to make a mobile version of the forum? I'm just away from my computer most of the day, and even though I am able to access the site through the google-mobile-converter etc, it's really cumbersome, most of the time won't let you sign in, and even when you can, it won't often let you post, just because of the format.

I realize this problem would be solved with one of them spaceage newfangled phones that are getting so popular right now (and it's not that I'm anti-gadget, I just don't have the 300 bones laying around, plus the extra 50 a month it would tack onto my cell bill), but I've heard making a mobil-ization of a site like this one is pretty easy. How bout it?


If it ain't too hard, I'd like a mobile version too. My Motorola q lets me acess the internet, but it ain't no iphone


I've thought a lot about mobile access, I'm in the same boat as you guys. Keep this on my mind, because I probably wont be able to get to it until after this semester, but I would like to make it more mobile friendly.
I
Ignatowski
Sure, go forward with the changes. I'm just glad you let me sign up---I didn't even know about this little soirée until earlier this week. I'd been sitting on CB just wondering where you all had run off to. :~(
F
FragOut
I was also sitting on CB wondering where everyone had gone! I kept seeing references to CougarCorner but couldn't find it. Thanks to whoever it was that put the link on CB!



I am loving this site! KUDOS and thanks!
C
cougarmike
Just one more suggestion from a frequent visitor, but infrequent poster....



I'm not usually a fan of links opening up in a new window, or in a new tab. However, it would be nice if the 'News' links opened up in a new tab so that I still keep my CougarCorner tab in the same place.



Thanks for all of your work on this. It's so much better than CB. Thanks to Kiwibacon for sending me a PM with the link!



Cougarmike
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.