Archived Topic

BYU Fantasy Football Game

by Cougarbib · 10/26/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
I came up with this idea the other day - but do to a Bibster sighting - returning from my weekend trip to Utah that lasted 4-5 weeks without PC access - just my phone that I plan to give to B is B - anyway - yes that was my car - smashed - straddling both lanes of I 15 about an hour north of Las Vegas Monday night - probably totalled - Semi-Truck threw a tire my way - BAM - luckily it did not come through the windshield - somehow I survived the airbag and hood in my face and stopped the car without rolling over or hitting anything else - I digress -



So miracles do happen - I walked away



Back to the game



Take each of our opponents this season and list players that each team would want to trade if the rule was you can take my QB if I can take yours or you can take my FB if I can take yours or you can take my WR ....TE......RB...... Center.......



You get the drift.



This should be insightful about where BYU stacks up with player talent.



For example, I would not have traded QBs with ND. Maybe for their starter - would need to see him. Simply would not. I would have traded QBs with OSU and that was their back-up QB.



I would have traded every single one of the following vs OSU and ND and many of them vs several other opponents:

FB, RB, OL. I would have traded QB with about half of our opponents - also tight end. I would have even traded Hoffman for an OSU WR.



I do not think OSU, ND, BSU, or even Utah would have asked for more than a few, if any trades.





KVN and Ansah may have been requested by several of our opponents and Hoffman by a few. Not much else.





Your thoughts.



And hey - throw in coaches. Not many requests either.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
I like the 2012 BYU team. I think we've been as good or better than 7 of the 8 teams we've played.



I think we're a mentally soft team with coaches that are soft on offense. They don't know how to correct mistakes and don't know how to get their players to stop making mistakes.
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
I like the 2012 BYU team. I think we've been as good or better than 7 of the 8 teams we've played.



I think we're a mentally soft team with coaches that are soft on offense. They don't know how to correct mistakes and don't know how to get their players to stop making mistakes.

I like the team too. Nevertheless, focusing on the 4 teams that beat us - which of our players other than Hoffman on offense and Ansah or KVN on defense do you think any of them would give us our pick of their players at the same position if they could have our guy.



On the other hand, I would trade even Hoffman for one of those OSU guys, our entire OL, our kicker, our FB, our RB, our TE, in fact both Wide Receivers.



ND - I would trade even KVN for Teo, the entire OL, most of the defense, RB, FB, ....



U - Star. Probably two from their secondary. RB. FB. Half of the OL. Tight end for sure. .....



BSU - can't remember. RB and FB for sure. Some OL for sure.



Even though I like our team - I would.



But then there is The Honor Code and Academic Requurements which is why we do not have some of these guys in the first place.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.