Archived Topic

Stephen Rogers done

by hawkwing · 10/24/2012

Advertisement
G
Guest
Stephen Rogers knee has never been able to come back from injury and he's announced today that he's done with collegiate basketball.
S
SpiffCoug
Shocking!



Here's the real question:

Why doesn't Damarcus Harrison have a scholarship?



This is now two players who easily could have hung up the sneakers months ago and freed up a spot for him on the roster. I can't believe Rogers and Collinsworth would hang on just long enough to keep him off the team. I'm glad those two cancers are gone and will no longer be able to poison the chances and careers of younger and more talented players.
C
craigoscarson
SpiffCoug wrote:
Shocking!



Here's the real question:

Why doesn't Damarcus Harrison have a scholarship?



This is now two players who easily could have hung up the sneakers months ago and freed up a spot for him on the roster. I can't believe Rogers and Collinsworth would hang on just long enough to keep him off the team. I'm glad those two cancers are gone and will no longer be able to poison the chances and careers of younger and more talented players.


Does Harrison play the 4? If not, I don't see the point.



We have studs at the 2-3 in the pipeline with a higher ceiling than a guy like Damarcus that doesn't think fast enough for the D1 game and has a jump shot that needs serious help.



Tyler Haws

Kyle Collinsworth

Raul Delgado

Cory Calvert

Jordan Chatman

Dalton Nixon

(Jabari Parker)



Who's minutes do you want to give up now and in the future? (other than Zylstras) This is an unwinable argument imho. I also think it would be an easy argument to make that Brock as a senior > any minutes that Harrison would get... though let me be clear I'm not backing Zylstra in a hoops election.



Bottom line, Dave Rose and staff saw enough of Harrison to know he's a lean athlete without basketball skills and they have and want guys that have hoops skills at the 2-3. Rose's offense relies on skill and IQ and he has it now and in the future. I'm willing to bet on Tyler Haws and Kyle Collinsworth as my 2-3 of the future and I think that Raul Delgado is certainly an upgrade to Harrison on both ends of the court. If you want to put someone in if foul trouble is a problem, I have no problem with a Jimmer type like Calvert and in the future our 2-3 spots are sickeningly deep with Chatman, Calvert, Nixon, and (crosses fingers) Parker. At worse, this year Brock can offer more productivity per minute than Harrison who has shown he's a black hole and turnover machine on offense...something that you can't do in Rose offense, no matter what you bring on the defensive end. If we're to be a big time perrenial top 20 + team, you have to build with basketball players. There are tons of teams that have great athletes that never see the NCAA tourney. Clemson would be one of those teams.



And let's not forget that Harrisons mission ordeal forced the teams hand to an extent; though I can't even begin to speculate how that all went down, nor do i care.
S
scott715
I have no problem with Rodgers sticking around hoping the knee would improve. It took time to see if it would get better and for a time look like it would. But this news is now shocking and disappointing to hear. It is our loss.
M
Mars


Demarcus Harrison played Bronco D and Doman O. Which was a bad fit in a Dave Rose system, IMO. This team needed 3-point shooters more than anything, not 1-of-5 clunkers.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
For the record my post was completely tongue in cheek. I think it is too bad we don't have all 3 because they could have helped us this year.



And CC and SR word have really helped us lat year.
C
Cougs_Rule
Too bad for SR. Best wishes to him.
G
Gunk
I'll miss Demarcus. He's an athlete and I think he got a bit of a raw deal. His defense and speed was great. He and Winder could cover a lot of ground out there.



Give the kid a year or two to develop his shot and ball IQ and Demarcus will be a baller. I think we'll regret not having him.



Bummed about Rogers.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.