Archived Topic

More bandwidth please. Too slow

by Lawboy · 10/23/2012

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
I have come to post several times today and the page loading is so slow I just closed them and bailed. I assume others have had hte same issues?
G
Guest
I will gladly take donations to help pay for another hosting account with a different service.



I pay for all of this entirely out of my own pocket and don't make a dime, so the best I can do is work with the tech support to figure out the problems.
G
Guest
Let me give you the latest update.



They know there is a problem with the way the web servers are communicating with the database servers.



There is a different service which uses virtual, private servers in the cloud, which we can change to, the problem is, it would require about 3 days being offline to change over. I'd rather not do that in the middle of the football season (it would interrupt our complaining about Riley Nelson!).



I've asked them if I can have a second hosting account setup, that I can setup with the new technology and get it all working, and then backup the databases here and restore them over there and then set that as the primary account. If they are willing to do that, we should be able to switch over with no more than an hour or two of downtime.



I'll keep everyone posted as to how it's going.
S
scott715
So you are saying we need a timeout? Agreed.
B
BoiseBYU
And here I thought it was a lack of diluthium crystals.....
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
We appreciate what you do Hawkwing. Love this board.
U
Ungoy
BoiseBYU wrote:
And here I thought it was a lack of diluthium crystals.....


No we just need more "Nitro".
G
Gunk
hawkwing wrote:
I will gladly take donations to help pay for another hosting account with a different service.



I pay for all of this entirely out of my own pocket and don't make a dime, so the best I can do is work with the tech support to figure out the problems.


How much?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
BoiseBYU wrote:
And here I thought it was a lack of diluthium crystals.....

I hear that the board is running dangerously low on "Unobtainium".

http://img2-3.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/100114/avatar-unobtanium_400.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
An update:



I've been given a new account hosted on their newest technology, and now I'm working on transferring all files and databases to the new account. Once that is setup, I'll be able to shut down this site and transfer the domain to the other hosting account.



So far it appears to act much quicker, which is good.
Advertisement
G
Gucci33
How much would help for donation? I don't see anywhere on the site to donate?
A
AJP
Back to the slow loading for me
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.