Archived Topic

Lambert is still a dummy

by Schmoe · 11/18/2009

Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Everybody's favorite soccer girl was interviewed by the New York Times where she kind of half apologized and made plenty of excuses for her actions.



"Some of her actions — like the apparent punch, which she said was inadvertent — were misinterpreted or taken out of context on a condensed video, Lambert said. And she said she believed that the incident was blown out of proportion because it occurred in a women’s game...'because I am a female it did bring about a lot more attention than if a male were to do it. It's more expected for men to go out there and be rough. The female, we're still looked at as, Oh, we kick the ball around and score a goal. But it's not. We train very hard to reach the highest level we can get to. The physical aspect has maybe increased over the years. I'm not saying it's for the bad or it's been too overly aggressive. It's a game. Sports are physical'...She said she was called names and taken down to the ground with cheap shots..."



Way to take responsibility ya dumb b*tch!
S
Sammich
Moral of the story: Cheap shots happen all the time, just make sure you're not front-and-center in the camera when they happen. And if you are caught on camera, say you were way out of line. Because it's not going to go well for you if you don't.
M
Mars


Moral of the story:

More Utah residents cared about Lambert's hair pull than RSL's championship (congrats to Real anyways).
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:


Moral of the story:

More Utah residents cared about Lambert's hair pull than RSL's championship (congrats to Real anyways).


What a great game though, no? I really thought we should have gotten a PK early on, but I'm glad we didn't as it made for a much more climactic finish.
S
SpiffCoug
The RSL win was extremely satisfying and exciting. I've been a fan since they announced the team at Rice-Eccles in 2004. Been a season seat holder every year. Even made sure I took my leave from Afghanistan last year so I could attend the first game in the new stadium.



Gooooo Real Salt Lake!
Advertisement
S
scott715
This title still offends me. I don't like looking at it each time I come to this forem.
S
Schmoe
I apologize, I just felt such a disgust for this creature, and her interview only magnified the feelings. I will change it.
U
urroner
Schmoe wrote:
I apologize, I just felt such a disgust for this creature, and her interview only magnified the feelings. I will change it.

Should have changed it to "Lambert is still a dumba$$!!!"
G
Guest
It's good that you guys are being very responsible to other people's feelings, a community can only work together as well as its members work together, so I can tell that this is already a stronger place than any other fan forum.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.