Archived Topic

Bad tackling hurt us yesterday, and so did missed throws

by Lawboy · 10/21/2012

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
I can not remember the last time I saw a BYU team miss so many tackles. Sorensen missed a ton, Sampson missed, KVN missed, everyone missed tackles. I bet Notre Dame had over 100 yards of offense after missed tackles, perhaps 150.



Combine that with the 7 easy and wide open throws Riley missed, one of which he was able to parlay into a pick for Manti, and man, we blew it. The game was there for the taking, but the combination of bad tackling and poor passing by our QB killed us.



Doman called a solid game, Riley just is not a consistent enough passer to make Doman look good, and his limited arm strength limits our ability to attack teams down the field deep on the far side of the field where Apo usually has man cover.



Frustrating game, Will post more about who I saw and talked to after teh game. Some good tidbits to share. But will pass on just one. Heard Hoff will be back in 2013... ok two. KVN told me he is undecided to 2013.
C
Cougs_Rule
Great assessment. Danny Sorenson had an unusually bad game. There must have been 4 or 5 tackles he flat out missed or didn't wrap up. And KVN sure seemed quiet for the most part, other than the gimme INT. didn't even hear Kavengas name. Tree was all over. I wider nice Bronco adjusted to dbl cover the TE, if we were more vulnerable vs the run. That and low n bodies and subs and our line just wore down.

Bad passing has already been beaten senseless.
M
Mars


Riley sucks. I get that. What I don't get is the BYU coaches (Bronco? Doman?) sticking with a sucky, sucky QB. Not only that, but complimenting him! It doesn't make any sense. Horrible program-wide failure at the position.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.