Archived Topic

Consolation prizes from this weekend

by TulaneVandyRiceCoug · 10/21/2012

Advertisement
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
As usual, there has to be a positive spin upon football Saturday, even if we lose a close one.



1. We took the #5 team down to the wire. Sucks to lose, but I was a little worried that we would end up with a long day today.



2. Not really specific to this weekend, but I think our showing today means that we will likely win the rest of our games, finish the season 8-4, go to our bowl game, and hopefully end up 9-4. Things could be a lot worse. (And yeah, things could be better too, I know, I know).



3. And here's the best part. With Utah's loss today against OSU (whom I definitely think we played against much better), Utah's season is now 2-5. :utard: BYU was the last team they beat. In order for them to go to a bowl game, they must win at least 4 of their next 5. I don't think this will happen. :lol: Although the second half of the season looks a bit easier, I think that games against Arizona, @Washington, and Cal will put them out of a bowl game. Each of them will be fighting to go to one, and I just don't think Utah will go 4-1 to cap off the season. I think we go bowling and they don't. So, nyah nyah nyah.



4. Vandy beat Auburn. Go 'Dores! Their run for a bowl just got a step easier. Zac Stacy, their RB just became the all-time rushing leader in Vandy history. He reminds me of a more stout JJ Diluigi, and can do the shiftiness style of run as well as the bowling ball, "try to stop me from getting this first down" type of run. Bye bye Gene Chizik! Take you and your money you pay players (cough, cough, Cam Newton, cough, cough) with you!



5. Not really relevant to football, but I've got only about 6 weeks left until the end of my homelessness social experiment is over. Whew! PM for details.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.