Archived Topic

What an absolute waste....!!!!

by Cougs_Rule · 10/21/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Has there ever been a season with such high hopes that have been woefully unfulfilled?

I didn't pick BY U to beat ND early in the season nor this week. But what a present despondency. We very well could end up 6-6 and barely bowl eligible. We could even go 5-7 if we lose to GT and SJSU in the road.

I would never have thought that this season with this Defense that we would end up 6-6.

What a waste of a season. Totally squandered opportunity. How Bronco could build such an overall solld D and then squander it with Rley and Doman O is just beyond me. I'm sick.

Next year, We will get relegated to ESPN3 or 4, except where covered by NBC for ND and maybe Texas and then just BYUtv for the remainder.

And then next years schedule???? Some of you Jones's who want to play big games regularly will be brought to your senses after two 6-6 seasons.

THIS IS NOT FUN!!!!

Even if we have to play a few average teams, I'd rather beat them and end up 10-2 or 9-3. Hell, I'd settle for 8-4 this year. But this just sucks eggs.
K
KingCoug
We'll probably finish the regular season 7-5. And finish 8-5 after the bowl game.
C
Cougarbib
dmcougar wrote:
Has there ever been a season with such high hopes that have been woefully unfulfilled?

I didn't pick BY U to beat ND early in the season nor this week. But what a present despondency. We very well could end up 6-6 and barely bowl eligible. We could even go 5-7 if we lose to GT and SJSU in the road.

I would never have thought that this season with this Defense that we would end up 6-6.

What a waste of a season. Totally squandered opportunity. How Bronco could build such an overall solld D and then squander it with Rley and Doman O is just beyond me. I'm sick.

Next year, We will get relegated to ESPN3 or 4, except where covered by NBC for ND and maybe Texas and then just BYUtv for the remainder.

And then next years schedule???? Some of you Jones's who want to play big games regularly will be brought to your senses after two 6-6 seasons.

THIS IS NOT FUN!!!!

Even if we have to play a few average teams, I'd rather beat them and end up 10-2 or 9-3. Hell, I'd settle for 8-4 this year. But this just sucks eggs.


Dig deep into your integrity bucket - after dodging opportunities to predict the season - and finally making one, caveats - with healthy Riley - and then stating Riley would not be healthy -



What did you predict? With Riley injured what did you predict.



Quote it here. What were your high expectations? Mine were 8-4 with healthy Riley and worse without.



Are you really surprised? The only surprise was how good the D looked vs bad offenses and how much less good by decent ones.



220 yards rushing. Did you really expect that?



Maybe we just need to look in the prediction game to see who really underachieved your expectations the last two weeks.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
dmcougar wrote:
Has there ever been a season with such high hopes that have been woefully unfulfilled?

I didn't pick BY U to beat ND early in the season nor this week. But what a present despondency. We very well could end up 6-6 and barely bowl eligible. We could even go 5-7 if we lose to GT and SJSU in the road.

I would never have thought that this season with this Defense that we would end up 6-6.

What a waste of a season. Totally squandered opportunity. How Bronco could build such an overall solld D and then squander it with Rley and Doman O is just beyond me. I'm sick.

Next year, We will get relegated to ESPN3 or 4, except where covered by NBC for ND and maybe Texas and then just BYUtv for the remainder.

And then next years schedule???? Some of you Jones's who want to play big games regularly will be brought to your senses after two 6-6 seasons.

THIS IS NOT FUN!!!!

Even if we have to play a few average teams, I'd rather beat them and end up 10-2 or 9-3. Hell, I'd settle for 8-4 this year. But this just sucks eggs.


My early prediction. No Bowl Game in 2013. We do agree on one thing - BYU sold its soul to the scheduling devil and the first payment will be next year.



Take solace in this - Utah first payment will be this year - no bowl.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
What do you want Bib? A fricken gold medal for your own 6-6 predictions? You want a parade? I don't think anyone gives a freak about your early season predictions, accurate or not, over the sting of yet another loss and a program that is on a bad trend and doesnt seem to either know what to change, how to change it or doesnt care to change.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I went with 9-3. I thought we would go undefeated at home (I didn't think OS would be a Top 10 team) and I thought we, realistically, could get one of the four tough road games.
N
northerncougar
6-6 isn't bowl eligible. You must be 7-5.
S
SpiffCoug
False. 6-6 is bowl eligible.
K
KingCoug
SpiffCoug wrote:
False. 6-6 is bowl eligible.


Just goes to show what a total joke the bowl system is. How many are there now? 30+? It's beyond lame.



Give me an 8 team playoff. Everybody else sits home. This isn't freaking little league where everybody gets a trophy! :angry:
C
Cougest
KingCoug wrote:
We'll probably finish the regular season 7-5. And finish 8-5 after the bowl game.


Having a hard time believing we'll win a bowl game this year. We beat crappy teams, lost to good teams with back-up QB's (ND, OSU), and lost to ok teams that if there were ever a year to beat them, it would have been this year (BSU, UU). 7-6 at best.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
dmcougar wrote:
Has there ever been a season with such high hopes that have been woefully unfulfilled?

I didn't pick BY U to beat ND early in the season nor this week. But what a present despondency. We very well could end up 6-6 and barely bowl eligible. We could even go 5-7 if we lose to GT and SJSU in the road.

I would never have thought that this season with this Defense that we would end up 6-6.

What a waste of a season. Totally squandered opportunity. How Bronco could build such an overall solld D and then squander it with Rley and Doman O is just beyond me. I'm sick.

Next year, We will get relegated to ESPN3 or 4, except where covered by NBC for ND and maybe Texas and then just BYUtv for the remainder.

And then next years schedule???? Some of you Jones's who want to play big games regularly will be brought to your senses after two 6-6 seasons.

THIS IS NOT FUN!!!!

Even if we have to play a few average teams, I'd rather beat them and end up 10-2 or 9-3. Hell, I'd settle for 8-4 this year. But this just sucks eggs.


I am not sure that many of us had such high hopes. I hoped we'd win two on the road of the big four, and now it's down to one chance and thought we'd beat OSU, mostly because I did not expect them to come on so strong. This D is very good but not super great. Up against really tough teams and we're pretty good but when a pedestrian ND offense can put 250+ yards rushing on you, or a second string OSU QB can put up 300+ yards, this is not a "defense for the ages" that is being wasted. The offense execution is what has disappointed me--mostly at the QB play and whether that's due to injury or very poor development of the back ups, I do not know and that feels bad, along with our OLine. I did not expect superior performance, but I thought we'd hold our own better than we have. That may be due to coaching or the quailty of our recruits, I do not know.
G
golong
Most projections have BYU playing Nevada in the Poinsettia Bowl. Nevada is no gimee, but certainly beatable--but then again, BYU could have won every game on its schedule.



BYU is still my team, but BYU is a long way from challenging for a national title. But we have not gotten clobbered like South Carolina has, or West Virginia has, or Texas, or a lot of other really good teams. In all our losses, we just plain beat ourselves, which reveals some significant weaknesses. You cannot win all your close games without a really good kicker, we don't have one. And you cannot always rely on your defense to win close games, the offense must carry its weight--something it has not done this year. The good news is Nelson has no more eligibility, all our receivers are back, Williams is back. With a handful of really good offensive linemen, next year could be special too--but we have to be able to score, and win the turnover battle.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.