Archived Topic

Mitt Romney's sense of humor

by SpiffCoug · 10/19/2012

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
The entire Obama narrative is false. Mitt is a man who can connect and empathize with the average man. He's going to be a great president.* Watch this and try not to laugh.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R4Cw-UdQNtw#!

*unless he turns out not to be.
T
tww
That was awesome!
D
Ddawg
Good post. I watched it tonight - both Mitt Romney's and Barack Obama's speeches. I kept an open mind and was fair to both men.



I felt, Romney had a better pace, better delivery, quicker wit, and was more articulate.



Obama was not on his game. He seemed tired, lacking joy. His timing was not "there."



19 days to go.
M
Mars


In the spirit of Sesame Street, President Obama's speech is brought to you by the letter O and the number 17 trillion. Classic!
S
scott715
That was incredible.



My job is to lay out a plan to guide the country and the press's job is to make sure no one finds out about it.
Advertisement
M
Mars


Jesus told Peter, "Upon this rock I will build my Church."



Doubters told them, "If you have a church, you didn't build that!"
S
scott715
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/romney-roasts-president-obama-himself-at-the-al-smith-dinner/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Romney opened by joking that he was glad to be able to attend the white tie function wearing “what Ann and I wear around the house.”



But Romney quickly turned from self-deprecating humor to roasting his opponent. He said he wished President Barack Obama would have bought Vice President Joe Biden with him “because he’ll laugh at anything.”



“Of course we’re down to the final months of the president’s term,” Romney said to applause. “You have to wonder what he’s think. So little time, so much to redistribute.”



“Usually when I get invited to gatherings like this, it’s just to be designated driver,” Romney joked, poking fun at his Mormon faith.



Romney said he spends the debates finding straw men to mercilessly attack. “Big Bird didn’t even see it coming,” Romney said. “In the spirit of sesame Street, the president’s remarks tonight are brought to you by the letter O and the number $16 trillion.”



Romney turned to mocking the media for their occasionally favorable coverage of the president.



“I never suggest the press is biased. They have a job to do and I have a job to do,” said Romney. “My job is to lay out a positive vision for the country, and their job is to make sure nobody finds out about it.”



Romney closed by praising his opponent and showing him a measure of genuine praise.



“We don’t carry the burden of disliking one another,” said Romney, praising Obama’s political talents and love for his family. “In our country, you can oppose someone in politics and make a confident case about their policies without any ill-will. And that’s how it is for me. There’re more to life than politics.”
S
SpiffCoug
I'm not sure bringing up how poor he was in the first debate multiple times was good either. The first joke (about napping through it) was great. The next two, not as much.
S
scott715
Here is the President's speech



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6g2YkTAYQ4
B
BoiseBYU
I thought both were funny and I got good laughs I thought Mitt was very gracious to acknowledge the President's family and say it would make any man proud. That was classy.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
BoiseBYU wrote:
I thought both were funny and I got good laughs I thought Mitt was very gracious to acknowledge the President's family and say it would make any man proud. That was classy.


+1. Yes it was.
C
CougarClaw
and all of his humor served to make friends of everyone in the audience regardless of who they're voting for.



And then, when he gets serious, every single person in the room is listening. So when he compliments the President, talks about the shared goals of those in the room of charity and uplifting people it helps mitt comes across as genuine and a uniter....



Amazing, amazing, speech writing. The delivery was great as well, and i already believe in mitt's genuineness, but the speech was truly a masterpiece.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.