Archived Topic

My thoughts

by BoiseBYU · 10/15/2012

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
I thought Doman called a good game.



I thought the players did not perform well enough--there were at least four drops I counted and Riley missing Falslev hurt too



For a season to be magical, sometimes the ball has to bounce your way like it did twice for OSU yesterday and like it did not for us against Utah



Ziggy would fit better as a DE in a 4-3.



Riley was lucky those two fumbles went back to us or we'd have been back at the five turnover rate



I was surprised how torched our passing defense was. There were some very wide open OSU receivers again and again



I dont think Utah will be bowling this year
K
KingCoug
BoiseBYU wrote:
I was surprised how torched our passing defense was. There were some very wide open OSU receivers again and again


Yeah, the secondary coverage was non-existent several times during the game.
C
Cougarfan87
I concur. I thought the offense actually played pretty well. The defense played pretty well except at defending the intermediate to long pass.



All in all, I would say that it wasn't so much of a poor defense, though there were obviously some breakdowns. I just think we had the misfortune of going up against an Oregon State QB that had some pin-point passes. Many of those deep throws were spot on. Not much you can do about that.



I don't feel like we beat ourselves, and those are the losses that are much easier for me to stomach. I don't mind getting outclassed. I do mind shooting myself in the foot. We were simply outclassed by the OSU offense on Saturday. Props to them, and I hope they enjoyed their meal at In-n-out.
G
golong
I'm glad the black unis thing has been dispelled. Personally, I hope to never see BYU in black again, it obviously does not make a team better, tougher, more physical, more intimidating or whatever other nonsense was attributed to it. BYU colors do not include black, please burn the unis and bring black something we recognize and associate with BYU. What's next, wearing red? orange? or pink?
G
Guest
BYU wears pink accents for breast cancer awareness. I'm sure you're against that too.
Advertisement
J
JamieVallen
golong wrote:
I'm glad the black unis thing has been dispelled. Personally, I hope to never see BYU in black again, it obviously does not make a team better, tougher, more physical, more intimidating or whatever other nonsense was attributed to it. BYU colors do not include black, please burn the unis and bring black something we recognize and associate with BYU. What's next, wearing red? orange? or pink?

Just wondering... who has dispelled the uni's? Trust me with the overall success they had for our team and fanbase you will more than likely see them, or something just like them in the near future. How can you or anyone else for that matter not like those slick beastly colors with bitchin' helmets compared to the glory of god himself. You don't like them?... You're in a HUGEEEEEE minority!! Don't let the bad game leave a bad taste and cloud your judgment. These uniforms were just incredible, and one of the best and most innovative things I've ever seen out of BYU. So props to them and Nike (a brand I typically hate) for making these things work and work GOOD!...



A change is nice and good. I don't want BYU to have these uniforms all the time, but these or the throwbacks have proven to be a good way to energize a fan which in the past has been considered by many all over the country to be, "Boring". Not to mention it helps sell merchandise. I'm sick of that Crowton dark blue and tan that is still too often worn by many of our fans. Buy a new friggen shirt or just ask for a new one as a Christmas present.
R
redneckjedi
JamieVallen wrote:
I'm glad the black unis thing has been dispelled. Personally, I hope to never see BYU in black again, it obviously does not make a team better, tougher, more physical, more intimidating or whatever other nonsense was attributed to it. BYU colors do not include black, please burn the unis and bring black something we recognize and associate with BYU. What's next, wearing red? orange? or pink?

Just wondering... who has dispelled the uni's? Trust me with the overall success they had for our team and fanbase you will more than likely see them, or something just like them in the near future. How can you or anyone else for that matter not like those slick beastly colors with bitchin' helmets compared to the glory of god himself. You don't like them?... You're in a HUGEEEEEE minority!! Don't let the bad game leave a bad taste and cloud your judgment. These uniforms were just incredible, and one of the best and most innovative things I've ever seen out of BYU. So props to them and Nike (a brand I typically hate) for making these things work and work GOOD!...



A change is nice and good. I don't want BYU to have these uniforms all the time, but these or the throwbacks have proven to be a good way to energize a fan which in the past has been considered by many all over the country to be, "Boring". Not to mention it helps sell merchandise. I'm sick of that Crowton dark blue and tan that is still too often worn by many of our fans. Buy a new friggen shirt or just ask for a new one as a Christmas present.


I don't like them. Maybe I am in the minority. But that's okay, because I'm RIGHT to not like them.



A poll saying something does not make it so.
M
mizzoucoug
BoiseBYU wrote:
I thought Doman called a good game.



I thought the players did not perform well enough--there were at least four drops I counted and Riley missing Falslev hurt too



For a season to be magical, sometimes the ball has to bounce your way like it did twice for OSU yesterday and like it did not for us against Utah



Ziggy would fit better as a DE in a 4-3.



Riley was lucky those two fumbles went back to us or we'd have been back at the five turnover rate



I was surprised how torched our passing defense was. There were some very wide open OSU receivers again and again



I dont think Utah will be bowling this year




The bounce of the ball has had nothing to do with any of our losses this year. OSU was just plain better. Why everyone is blowing up after this game is beyond me. We played hard and lost to a legit top 10 team. The BSU and Utah games were just pathetic play by Riley and hard-headedness by the coaching staff. I don't think we should need luck to win the rest of our games either. ND will smack us around and so will GT. SJSU has a chance to beat us down too.
M
mizzoucoug
redneckjedi wrote:
golong wrote:
I'm glad the black unis thing has been dispelled. Personally, I hope to never see BYU in black again, it obviously does not make a team better, tougher, more physical, more intimidating or whatever other nonsense was attributed to it. BYU colors do not include black, please burn the unis and bring black something we recognize and associate with BYU. What's next, wearing red? orange? or pink?

Just wondering... who has dispelled the uni's? Trust me with the overall success they had for our team and fanbase you will more than likely see them, or something just like them in the near future. How can you or anyone else for that matter not like those slick beastly colors with bitchin' helmets compared to the glory of god himself. You don't like them?... You're in a HUGEEEEEE minority!! Don't let the bad game leave a bad taste and cloud your judgment. These uniforms were just incredible, and one of the best and most innovative things I've ever seen out of BYU. So props to them and Nike (a brand I typically hate) for making these things work and work GOOD!...



A change is nice and good. I don't want BYU to have these uniforms all the time, but these or the throwbacks have proven to be a good way to energize a fan which in the past has been considered by many all over the country to be, "Boring". Not to mention it helps sell merchandise. I'm sick of that Crowton dark blue and tan that is still too often worn by many of our fans. Buy a new friggen shirt or just ask for a new one as a Christmas present.


I don't like them. Maybe I am in the minority. But that's okay, because I'm RIGHT to not like them.



A poll saying something does not make it so.


Agreed. In the promos they looked cool but on the field I thought they were mighty boring.
S
SpiffCoug
mizzoucoug wrote:
I thought Doman called a good game.



I thought the players did not perform well enough--there were at least four drops I counted and Riley missing Falslev hurt too



For a season to be magical, sometimes the ball has to bounce your way like it did twice for OSU yesterday and like it did not for us against Utah



Ziggy would fit better as a DE in a 4-3.



Riley was lucky those two fumbles went back to us or we'd have been back at the five turnover rate



I was surprised how torched our passing defense was. There were some very wide open OSU receivers again and again



I dont think Utah will be bowling this year




The bounce of the ball has had nothing to do with any of our losses this year. OSU was just plain better. Why everyone is blowing up after this game is beyond me. We played hard and lost to a legit top 10 team. The BSU and Utah games were just pathetic play by Riley and hard-headedness by the coaching staff. I don't think we should need luck to win the rest of our games either. ND will smack us around and so will GT. SJSU has a chance to beat us down too.

I think you can make the argument that a bad bounce of the ball cost us the Utah game. If the ball doesn't bounce away from Alisa we win that game 21-17 if every other play went the same.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
mizzoucoug wrote:
I thought Doman called a good game.



I thought the players did not perform well enough--there were at least four drops I counted and Riley missing Falslev hurt too



For a season to be magical, sometimes the ball has to bounce your way like it did twice for OSU yesterday and like it did not for us against Utah



Ziggy would fit better as a DE in a 4-3.



Riley was lucky those two fumbles went back to us or we'd have been back at the five turnover rate



I was surprised how torched our passing defense was. There were some very wide open OSU receivers again and again



I dont think Utah will be bowling this year




The bounce of the ball has had nothing to do with any of our losses this year. OSU was just plain better. Why everyone is blowing up after this game is beyond me. We played hard and lost to a legit top 10 team. The BSU and Utah games were just pathetic play by Riley and hard-headedness by the coaching staff. I don't think we should need luck to win the rest of our games either. ND will smack us around and so will GT. SJSU has a chance to beat us down too.


Disagree with you on the Utah game. I agree OSU was simply better, but magical seasons happen when the ball bounces your way and it happened twice for OSU against us.
J
JamieVallen
redneckjedi wrote:
golong wrote:
I'm glad the black unis thing has been dispelled. Personally, I hope to never see BYU in black again, it obviously does not make a team better, tougher, more physical, more intimidating or whatever other nonsense was attributed to it. BYU colors do not include black, please burn the unis and bring black something we recognize and associate with BYU. What's next, wearing red? orange? or pink?

Just wondering... who has dispelled the uni's? Trust me with the overall success they had for our team and fanbase you will more than likely see them, or something just like them in the near future. How can you or anyone else for that matter not like those slick beastly colors with bitchin' helmets compared to the glory of god himself. You don't like them?... You're in a HUGEEEEEE minority!! Don't let the bad game leave a bad taste and cloud your judgment. These uniforms were just incredible, and one of the best and most innovative things I've ever seen out of BYU. So props to them and Nike (a brand I typically hate) for making these things work and work GOOD!...



A change is nice and good. I don't want BYU to have these uniforms all the time, but these or the throwbacks have proven to be a good way to energize a fan which in the past has been considered by many all over the country to be, "Boring". Not to mention it helps sell merchandise. I'm sick of that Crowton dark blue and tan that is still too often worn by many of our fans. Buy a new friggen shirt or just ask for a new one as a Christmas present.


I don't like them. Maybe I am in the minority. But that's okay, because I'm RIGHT to not like them.



A poll saying something does not make it so.

Not sure I ever saw a poll... Just a general Consensus opinion from most people I've talked to or read about, but it's okay to be WRONG in not liking them.... ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.