Archived Topic

On a positive note....

by snoscythe · 10/14/2012

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
-hopefully this loss will stigmatize all-black unis and we won't see those again
W
Wickchad
I was very opposed to us doing a black out. I actually really liked the uniforms. I wouldn't be surprised to see us wear them for the bowl game if we are the home team.



On a positive note, the server is running so slow tonight it might keep the number of the world is ending, Nelson sucks, Lark is the best, Doman is an idiot posts to a minimum.
K
KingCoug
The black uniforms we're interesting for about 5 minutes. Than the fascination wore off. Maybe I'm just a traditionalist but a "black out" seems gimmicky. Something the Pukes do. And it sure didn't lead to a win today.
S
SpiffCoug
snoscythe wrote:
-hopefully this loss will stigmatize all-black unis and we won't see those again

Playing poorly in all whites haven't prevented them from coming back.
M
Mingjai
SpiffCoug wrote:
-hopefully this loss will stigmatize all-black unis and we won't see those again

Playing poorly in all whites haven't prevented them from coming back.


Well, they have to wear something! If they keep retiring uniform sets every time the team plays poorly, BYU would end up naked at some point. I suppose that might be addition motivation to play well!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Also, HUGE props to the fans. The white out, blue & white sections and black out have all been hugely successful.



Maybe BYU fans are finally catching on.
S
stuckinbig10country
I liked the black unis. I wouldn't be opposed to them being in the regular rotation.
S
SpiffCoug
The helmets looked awesome on TV. The royal blue accent was great. I don't know if you could tell from the stands, but the Y logo was actually 3D. It wasn't flush against the helmet.
G
Gunk
SpiffCoug wrote:
The helmets looked awesome on TV. The royal blue accent was great. I don't know if you could tell from the stands, but the Y logo was actually 3D. It wasn't flush against the helmet.


I liked the unis and hope we see them again. The helmets were sick. At the very least, I hope we get to see the helmets again.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
The place kicking game was perfect yesterday.
Advertisement
M
Mars


I'm fine with making those black unis our permanent uniforms. They looked sweet.
C
cougdoc
snoscythe wrote:
-hopefully this loss will stigmatize all-black unis and we won't see those again


This. My son was shocked when I told him he would be watching this one alone. When he asked why I told him that my team was on a bye this weekend. My team wears blue (preferably royal) and white, so Oregon State and some Utah-wannabes must have borrowed LES for a scrimmage. I did not, have not and will not watch the OSU game, nor any other game featuring some other team masquerading as my Cougars.



(climbing down from my soapbox now)
J
jonnylingo
SpiffCoug wrote:
Also, HUGE props to the fans. The white out, blue & white sections and black out have all been hugely successful.



Maybe BYU fans are finally catching on.


The all back looked awesome at the stadium. The fans were rocking on saturday. loudest i have heard them in a long time.
J
jonnylingo
This is how I imagine anybody who didn't like the black uniforms:



https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTy4e5co5JF_9yu26TMfbu7AJ-_qqUf40VoQP0m1RlP37I6l44IPQ" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



They were so sweet I spent way more than I should have to buy me a helmet for my office.
G
Guest
cougdoc wrote:
-hopefully this loss will stigmatize all-black unis and we won't see those again


This. My son was shocked when I told him he would be watching this one alone. When he asked why I told him that my team was on a bye this weekend. My team wears blue (preferably royal) and white, so Oregon State and some Utah-wannabes must have borrowed LES for a scrimmage. I did not, have not and will not watch the OSU game, nor any other game featuring some other team masquerading as my Cougars.



(climbing down from my soapbox now)


"They're not in the afternoon anymore!"
Advertisement
G
golong
Dump the black unis, burn them and never bring them back. Black is not a BYU color, it is beyond me why anyone thought BYU should wear black. Put em in the dung heap. Red might look cool too, we going to wear red some game? or orange? or pink? No, BYU colors are blue and white. Why drift around into colors that belong to other teams?
S
stuckinbig10country
golong wrote:
Dump the black unis, burn them and never bring them back. Black is not a BYU color, it is beyond me why anyone thought BYU should wear black. Put em in the dung heap. Red might look cool too, we going to wear red some game? or orange? or pink? No, BYU colors are blue and white. Why drift around into colors that belong to other teams?


Are you kidding me? It's another thing to use in recruiting. The more uniform colors the better, as long as it stays in the blue, white, black category. I would like to see the navy uniforms, royal uniforms, white uniforms, and black uniforms and multiple combinations of each in the rotation.
C
Cougy_Monster
hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
-hopefully this loss will stigmatize all-black unis and we won't see those again


This. My son was shocked when I told him he would be watching this one alone. When he asked why I told him that my team was on a bye this weekend. My team wears blue (preferably royal) and white, so Oregon State and some Utah-wannabes must have borrowed LES for a scrimmage. I did not, have not and will not watch the OSU game, nor any other game featuring some other team masquerading as my Cougars.



(climbing down from my soapbox now)


"They're not in the afternoon anymore!"


Rarely do posts make me LOL



Classic
C
cougdoc
Cougy_Monster wrote:
cougdoc wrote:
-hopefully this loss will stigmatize all-black unis and we won't see those again


This. My son was shocked when I told him he would be watching this one alone. When he asked why I told him that my team was on a bye this weekend. My team wears blue (preferably royal) and white, so Oregon State and some Utah-wannabes must have borrowed LES for a scrimmage. I did not, have not and will not watch the OSU game, nor any other game featuring some other team masquerading as my Cougars.



(climbing down from my soapbox now)


"They're not in the afternoon anymore!"


Rarely do posts make me LOL



Classic


That was very funny, Hawkwing. I laughed out loud and got a couple odd looks from coworkers. FWIW, I'm only 35, but I echo the geezer that went after Bronco, except that I am glad they're not in the afternoon anymore. I work the night shift, so when I get up this Saturday to watch my (blue-clad) Cougars take their whipping it will be about 2:00 a.m. for me. :~(
G
Guest
cougdoc wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
-hopefully this loss will stigmatize all-black unis and we won't see those again


This. My son was shocked when I told him he would be watching this one alone. When he asked why I told him that my team was on a bye this weekend. My team wears blue (preferably royal) and white, so Oregon State and some Utah-wannabes must have borrowed LES for a scrimmage. I did not, have not and will not watch the OSU game, nor any other game featuring some other team masquerading as my Cougars.



(climbing down from my soapbox now)


"They're not in the afternoon anymore!"


Rarely do posts make me LOL



Classic


That was very funny, Hawkwing. I laughed out loud and got a couple odd looks from coworkers. FWIW, I'm only 35, but I echo the geezer that went after Bronco, except that I am glad they're not in the afternoon anymore. I work the night shift, so when I get up this Saturday to watch my (blue-clad) Cougars take their whipping it will be about 2:00 a.m. for me. :~(


Glad you took it in the humorous way I intended and didn't get offended :)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.