Archived Topic

Ansah getting some NFL buzz

by AJP · 10/13/2012

Advertisement
A
AJP
Just searched around online and found some encouraging news about Ansah's potential to get drafted. According to this, he'll have a chance of playing in the Senior Bowl.



NFLdraftscout.com has him rated 10th at the DE position and with a 4.74 40 time, and some draft analysts have him as a top 50-60 pick.
S
Schmoe
During the game last week, the announcers couldn't stop talking about how he'd been shooting up draft boards this year. Ansah's going to turn some big time heads with his measurables come draft time.
S
Schmoe
During the game last week, the announcers couldn't stop talking about how he'd been shooting up draft boards this year. Ansah's going to turn some big time heads with his measurables come draft time.
S
snoscythe
Where did they get his 40 time? Kaufusi said two weeks ago that Ansah has never been timed in the 40 yard dash, and I doubt they are making time for the first one during the season.
B
BerliNY
snoscythe wrote:
Where did they get his 40 time? Kaufusi said two weeks ago that Ansah has never been timed in the 40 yard dash, and I doubt they are making time for the first one during the season.


You're probably right but you have to admit that it's a bit funny that they can't make time for him to do something that takes less than 5 seconds to complete.



P.S. IMO 40-times are irrelevant for all positions except WR (and even then it's a stretch), I'd much rather see shuttle-run or Sparq test numbers for a DE.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
They probably took his 21.9 200 time and did some calculations to get it.
A
AJP
Yeah, I have no clue where they found that. We probably wont see any official 40 time until a pro day/the combine.
S
Schmoe
AJP wrote:
Yeah, I have no clue where they found that. We probably wont see any official 40 time until a pro day/the combine.


...and it's gonna be awesome!
D
Ddawg
Schmoe wrote:
Yeah, I have no clue where they found that. We probably wont see any official 40 time until a pro day/the combine.


...and it's gonna be awesome!


+1. I'm firmly on the Ziggy bandwagon. I luv watching him play. I wish he was had another year to play - next to KVN. Ziggy is a physical freak. You can't replace a guy like Ziggy.
A
AJP
I'd read that he had a 39" vertical, but the announcers just said he had a 40" vertical. Not bad for someone that's 6'6" and 270 pounds!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.