Archived Topic

Who plays more on Saturday?

by SpiffCoug · 10/12/2012

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I wonder if we've been getting a bunch of spin this week from the coaches? Is it possible that Lark is the one being prepared to play this week and the rest of the season?



I think there is a chance Lark sees significant playing time this week.



I'll reiterate my position that Riley must show that he is effective early on. If he is ineffective or turning the ball over, he should/must be replaced permanently. He shouldn't get a chance to work through any struggles. BYU can't afford them. The rest of the team doesn't deserve tat. They deserve a QB who can win, not one who needs to get back up to speed.
H
HoosierCougar
If that's the case (and should be if Doman wants a more down-field or spread the field approach to the passing game) then we better hope the OL rises to a new level of performance.



But I totally agree. Lots of what we will remember about RN will come from this game.

If RN plays a safe, methodical game, stays healthy and relies on the running game, getting rid of the ball, and the Defense, he goes down as smart, gusty player who knows how to win.



If, however, he plays recklessly and gets hurt or turns the ball over, then we will remember him as a selfish primadonna who put his will to be in the spotlight ahead of the team's success.



I very much hope to remember him as the former.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.