Archived Topic

Is Riley a "good" QB?

by BroncoBot · 10/11/2012

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Obviously there is some debate as to whether RN is a good QB. I think the easiest way to settle that is a poll. You can choose either good or poor. That's it. Either he's good, or he's poor. I'm trying to do this in the easiest way possible. Notice that I only gave 2 choices, that the choices aren't that he is Amazing or Terrible. Either he is, or he isn't.



I'd rather not have any posts in this thread, just the poll. No explanations, no rationalizing, no apologizing. I'm curious to see how people vote. If you want subjective analysis and occasional facts thrown around, there are other threads for you.



Good or Poor?



PS- I readily acknowledge that this poll is good for nothing. But it's an easy way to draw a line and see what fans think of Riley Nelson's performance.
S
SpiffCoug
In all honesty, after spending some time in his numbers this afternoon, this is my opinion. I think he's an average QB. Not great, not awful. Has some REALLY high, bright spots. And has some EXTREMELY low, awful performances.



When he's healthy he can be deadly and make a ton of plays and win games for BYU. When he's not, he can gawd-awful. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem have the ability to stay healthy for any extended amount of time.



He's an average QB. He's met the standard more often than not (9 times in the 14 games I'm counting as starts since 2010). He's average.
B
BroncoBot
SpiffCoug wrote:
In all honesty, after spending some time in his numbers this afternoon, this is my opinion. I think he's an average QB. Not great, not awful. Has some REALLY high, bright spots. And has some EXTREMELY low, awful performances.



When he's healthy he can be deadly and make a ton of plays and win games for BYU. When he's not, he can gawd-awful. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem have the ability to stay healthy for any extended amount of time.



He's an average QB. He's met the standard more often than not (9 times in the 14 games I'm counting as starts since 2010). He's average.

This is what I was trying to avoid here. :D



I'd like people to vote based on what they've seen from him. Do your own research and give a vote, or just put in a subjective vote.
C
Cougarfan87
SpiffCoug wrote:
In all honesty, after spending some time in his numbers this afternoon, this is my opinion. I think he's an average QB. Not great, not awful. Has some REALLY high, bright spots. And has some EXTREMELY low, awful performances.



When he's healthy he can be deadly and make a ton of plays and win games for BYU. When he's not, he can gawd-awful. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem have the ability to stay healthy for any extended amount of time.



He's an average QB. He's met the standard more often than not (9 times in the 14 games I'm counting as starts since 2010). He's average.


That's where I am as well. If average isn't a choice, I guess I can't vote.
S
SpiffCoug
I did vote for good, because I think he's been more good than poor. But mostly he's been more injured than healthy, and I think that's hurt him more than anything.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Average or good, but not great.



I can agree with that.
S
SHIZ
curious where you guys would rank him in the list of all the byu starting QB's over the last 20-30 yrs
B
BroncoBot
My innocent poll/thread/experiment,



What have you become.
S
SpiffCoug
SHIZ wrote:
curious where you guys would rank him in the list of all the byu starting QB's over the last 20-30 yrs

Over the last 20-30 years, off the top of my head, BYU has probably had 15-20 starting QBs and he's probably about 10 or so.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.