S
StirfryThere sure has been plenty of negativity this week on CC. Last week I posted a survey of how soon the fans would boo if Riley came in the game. Well Riley never came in but the boo birds were out in force during last weeks game anyway.
I wonder how much of our offensive problems the last two years is just due to bad luck and injuries. Doman came in last year to what seems to have been a totally disfunctional locker room (which I think the coaches/team captians are at least 50% responsible for allowing it to happen) and this year there's been plenty of injuries. Most expected Riley to be injured but I don't think most people expected it to come during game 2 against Weber State on a passing play (I think it was a passing play but actually haven't seen it).
Brandon Gourney wrote an article this week about the offensive struggleshttp://www.deseretnews.com/article/865564015/BYU-football-Five-reasons-for-BYUs-offensive-struggles.html?pg=2 He reminds us of how little continuity our O-line has due to injuries. They essentially didn't have Spring practice and there have been injuries to key players in the early part of the season. We also lost a key blocker last year when Pritchard was injured.
Every team has injuries but ours seemed to be focused on our O-line this year which coincidentaly or not seems to be the root of a lot of our problems. I don't know what Weber can do if his players can't practice and I don't know how Sorensen can kick or the QB stay in the pocket if the O-line can't protect. I don't think it should be an excuse but perhaps we need to be more patient with the coaches based on the situation?
Just something I've been thinking about.
I wonder how much of our offensive problems the last two years is just due to bad luck and injuries. Doman came in last year to what seems to have been a totally disfunctional locker room (which I think the coaches/team captians are at least 50% responsible for allowing it to happen) and this year there's been plenty of injuries. Most expected Riley to be injured but I don't think most people expected it to come during game 2 against Weber State on a passing play (I think it was a passing play but actually haven't seen it).
Brandon Gourney wrote an article this week about the offensive struggles
Every team has injuries but ours seemed to be focused on our O-line this year which coincidentaly or not seems to be the root of a lot of our problems. I don't know what Weber can do if his players can't practice and I don't know how Sorensen can kick or the QB stay in the pocket if the O-line can't protect. I don't think it should be an excuse but perhaps we need to be more patient with the coaches based on the situation?
Just something I've been thinking about.

