Archived Topic

We need this trick play

by hawkwing · 11/17/2009

Advertisement
G
Guest
I think we need this play in our offense.



[youtube]YOYH0Ooxcgs[/youtube]
B
BYUROCKS
Chambers would drop it tho.
A
ABYUFAN
I would hope that at the college level an athlete would play through to the whistle. But yeah, it's a great play. You gotta feel bad for the DB that just stopped and stood there and let the guy get that throw off. You know he was running gassers after that game :blush:
M
mormonrasta
That's the high school of John Beck and Max Hall.
E
EM_Puma
That's reminds me of my days back in 8th grade football. This was back before anyone at that level would ever scout an opponent. We had a trick play for our first offensive play of the game for every game and we scored a touchdown on 7 of the 8 games we played. That one would have really tricked a bunch of 8th graders, but you have to have a decent QB to be able to skip a ball like that and I have to imagine that playing on an artificial surface is a definite advantage for that play. I don't know if they even had the ol' astro turf back in those days. Doing that on some of the grassy fields we played on would have been difficult.
Advertisement
M
mormonrasta
EM_Puma wrote:
That's reminds me of my days back in 8th grade football. This was back before anyone at that level would ever scout an opponent. We had a trick play for our first offensive play of the game for every game and we scored a touchdown on 7 of the 8 games we played. That one would have really tricked a bunch of 8th graders, but you have to have a decent QB to be able to skip a ball like that and I have to imagine that playing on an artificial surface is a definite advantage for that play. I don't know if they even had the ol' astro turf back in those days. Doing that on some of the grassy fields we played on would have been difficult.


That was on grass.
C
cachevalleycougar
mormonrasta wrote:
That was on grass.


No wonder the QB threw it so poorly.
C
cougarblue333
BYUROCKS wrote:
Chambers would drop it tho.


I don't get it...what's with all the Chambers hate? Yeah he's made some mistakes but other than Max and Payne, Chambers seems to get the most inordinate amount of negative vibes thrown his way. Why is that?
M
Matty-B
I think its because his mistakes are very silly and easy to spot.

IE Reluctance to signal for fair catch, fumbles... name it. Add that to the fact that OC and Hall have very high expectations and it is easy to come down on them. I myself am guilty of being critical of a few players.
B
BYUROCKS
cougarblue333 wrote:
Chambers would drop it tho.


I don't get it...what's with all the Chambers hate? Yeah he's made some mistakes but other than Max and Payne, Chambers seems to get the most inordinate amount of negative vibes thrown his way. Why is that?


Well fumbling what feels like 2-4 times in the red zone does that to you.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
That was a pretty cool use of the not-oft-used legal bounce pass. I'd really love to see the drop kick make a comeback as well.



This is my favorite trick play. Only a 10 year-old could pull this one off:



[youtube]cSnew1PIYqk[/youtube]
B
BroncoBot
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
That was a pretty cool use of the not-oft-used legal bounce pass. I'd really love to see the drop kick make a comeback as well.



This is my favorite trick play. Only a 10 year-old could pull this one off:



[youtube]cSnew1PIYqk[/youtube]


wow, that's brutal. :lol:
S
Schmoe
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
That was a pretty cool use of the not-oft-used legal bounce pass. I'd really love to see the drop kick make a comeback as well.



This is my favorite trick play. Only a 10 year-old could pull this one off:



[youtube]cSnew1PIYqk[/youtube]


I absolutely abhor this play (and no, it's not because someone used it against me).
K
kiwibacon
Schmoe wrote:
That was a pretty cool use of the not-oft-used legal bounce pass. I'd really love to see the drop kick make a comeback as well.



This is my favorite trick play. Only a 10 year-old could pull this one off:



[youtube]cSnew1PIYqk[/youtube]


I absolutely abhor this play (and no, it's not because someone used it against me).
As cruel of a play as this is to 10 year olds or younger players in general, this would be one of the first things that I would run in practice...NOT so that I can do it on offense but to prepare/teach the defense that if the ball is moving from center to QB and a whistle is not blown you better smear the holy crap out of that QB. :evil: Play 'til you hear a whistle...take a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty if you are not sure but dadgummit someone better be eating turf if they are moving with the ball NO MATTER WHAT! :evil:



Bottom line I don't like the play either but to show disapproval I would punish a QB if they ever tried that on one of my defenses.
B
BYUROCKS
kiwibacon wrote:
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
That was a pretty cool use of the not-oft-used legal bounce pass. I'd really love to see the drop kick make a comeback as well.



This is my favorite trick play. Only a 10 year-old could pull this one off:



[youtube]cSnew1PIYqk[/youtube]


I absolutely abhor this play (and no, it's not because someone used it against me).
As cruel of a play as this is to 10 year olds or younger players in general, this would be one of the first things that I would run in practice...NOT so that I can do it on offense but to prepare/teach the defense that if the ball is moving from center to QB and a whistle is not blown you better smear the holy crap out of that QB. :evil: Play 'til you hear a whistle...take a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty if you are not sure but dadgummit someone better be eating turf if they are moving with the ball NO MATTER WHAT! :evil:



Bottom line I don't like the play either but to show disapproval I would punish a QB if they ever tried that on one of my defenses.




I agree, next time he tried that I hope he got blown up :evil: :evil: all tho it would be fun to do it the Utes :crazy: :crazy:
Advertisement
G
gmj81
I don't get the Chambers hate either. I guess people are entitled to their opinions but they are unfounded regardless. He has fumbled and lost exactly two balls. Once at the one yard line after an amazing catch and run but after an equally amazing hit by the OU defender. And once during the FSU game on the first drive of the game at the FSU 14 which had only a little less to do with the hit put on him by the defender. Both were slant routes where the receiver is normally expected to get drilled by linebackers and safeties.



I don't hear a peep out of people when McKay drops easy balls on critical 3rd downs (New Mexico) or fumbles his PR opps (Oklahoma). Occasionally guys are going to fumble, especially when they are in the middle of the field open to hits from every side. And on PR, who cares if Oneil doesn't call a fair catch. He hasn't lost a ball yet. What's more he hasn't had any negative yardage yet either. And all this despite a piss-poor blocking effort on the outside. Coverage guys are constantly in Oneil's face before he even catches the ball yet he either falls forward for a few yards or catches it soundly despite getting rocked backwards.



Nevermind all the clutch catches Oneil has had, again most going across the middle which most receivers are too afraid to do. And he usually leaves a few tacklers in his wake too before he's brought down.



I don't see what this kid has done to wrong so many BYU fans but maybe he egged their car or something and they just can't get over it.
M
Mars
BYUROCKS wrote:
I don't get it... what's with all the Chambers hate? Yeah he's made some mistakes but other than Max and Payne, Chambers seems to get the most inordinate amount of negative vibes thrown his way.
Well fumbling what feels like 2-4 times in the red zone does that to you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but OC has only lost two fumbles this year, and none in his last 7 games...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.