frdbtr wrote:
From all the crying, hand wringing, bitching, and moaning going on here you would think this team is 2-4 instead of 4-2. I haven't read this much negativity since the crowton days and the most ironic thing is, the people who are crying the loudest are the ones that stated that they were not going to let their expectations get out of hand. Now they are crying that we aren't 6-0. Yes, the coaches shouldn't have played an injured QB, yes they should have clearly communicated to Hill to kneel on the ball instead of run a play (oh, and by the way a sr veteran QB would have kneeled on the ball without being told to do it). but the bottom line is what is done is done and we are 4-2 and have the defense to win every game we have left on our sched. time to let mistakes go and try to enjoy this defense. If the offense can get its ducks in a row we could see some really good football. BYU has gone undefeated exactly once in all the years we have played football, if we got this much complaining during the detmer years, when he lost 3 games even in 1990 when we beat #1 Miami, Lavelle edwards would have been run out of town. Oh yeah, he almost was a couple of times. I remember BYU fans during the 2001 Crowton streak happy that Lavelle was gone, I remember trying to temper expectations then too since I know that Crowton would have to lose some games eventually, which of course happened far more often than we could handle. Bottom line is, we don't have perfect coaches, no one does. Sometimes teams catch just enough breaks and go undefeated. If We had hit the FG and 2 point conversion we would be. When utah went undefeated, they caught some big breaks from TCU.
In general, I agree with posts like this. I think the reason why fans are turning is the series of blunders that just seem obviously stupid. Some of this reaches past Doman...but to recount why my glass is half-empty:
(1) Deciding to try a 2 quarterback system.
(2) Jake Heaps performing at a high level as a freshman only to really struggle as a soph
(3) The 2011 Utah loss
(4) The obvious devotion to Riley Nelson in spite of evident areas of concern
(5) Offensive struggles against poor defenses (WSU, Weber, Boise, Utah)
(6) Playing Nelson injured and allowing Nelson to dictate when he should be pulled
(7) Tolerting TEN Nelson turnovers in two games before being yanked after 7 quarters of action. TEN.
(8) Scoring less than 10 points in two key contests this season
(9) Going for two...
(10) Demoting Lark without a meaningful chance to play after six years of preparation
(11) Inability to communicate resulting in a season ending injury to Taysom Hill
(12) Running quarterbacks on draws and options at an insane rate
(13) Passing for less than 100 yards
Sheesh...need I go on? This is worse than I thought.
:(