Archived Topic

Defensive power score (R)

by hawkwing · 10/8/2012

Advertisement
G
Guest
I would like to invent a new statistic/score that combines a teams defensive ranking and their opponents offensive rankings.



That way a defense that is top 10 but has only played offenses in the > 110 range would score about the same as a defense that is ranked 50ish but had only played top 10 offenses.



I think there could be a few intricacies though some I curious what kind of formula you all would come up with.
S
StatsCougar
A lot of refining is needed, but here are the basics:



Defensive Ranking * 6.25 + offensive ranking * 2.5 = score. The lower the score the better.



In the case of the example a defense of 10 playing an offense of 110 gives a score of 337.5

A defense of 50 playing an offense of 10 also gives a score of 337.5



A defense of 10 playing an offense of 10 gives a score of 35.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Excellent start, Stats. I knew if one person would have something to add, it would be you!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.