Archived Topic

BYU Study on Yahoo - Coed Dorms Fuel Bad Behavior

by hawkwing · 11/17/2009

Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
Go figure. I guess National Lampoon had it right.
A
ABYUFAN
I saw that and read with interest the line that said that BYU did not participate in the study. Perhaps the article could have been more clear that BYU has no as in NONE Co-Ed dorms, hence no ability to participate in the study.... :roll:
S
snoscythe
ABYUFAN wrote:
I saw that and read with interest the line that said that BYU did not participate in the study. Perhaps the article could have been more clear that BYU has no as in NONE Co-Ed dorms, hence no ability to participate in the study.... :roll:


Unless they were participating as the single-sex dorms against which the co-ed dorms were compared.
A
ABYUFAN
snoscythe wrote:
I saw that and read with interest the line that said that BYU did not participate in the study. Perhaps the article could have been more clear that BYU has no as in NONE Co-Ed dorms, hence no ability to participate in the study.... :roll:


Unless they were participating as the single-sex dorms against which the co-ed dorms were compared.


Good point, but in that case, I guess it's only fair to leave out a BYU dorm when your comparing binge drinking, sexual partners and pornography... That hardly seems fair to include a BYU single dorm to a anywhere else co-ed dorm
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
ABYUFAN wrote:
ABYUFAN wrote:
I saw that and read with interest the line that said that BYU did not participate in the study. Perhaps the article could have been more clear that BYU has no as in NONE Co-Ed dorms, hence no ability to participate in the study.... :roll:


Unless they were participating as the single-sex dorms against which the co-ed dorms were compared.


Good point, but in that case, I guess it's only fair to leave out a BYU dorm when your comparing binge drinking, sexual partners and pornography... That hardly seems fair to include a BYU single dorm to a anywhere else co-ed dorm


Yeah, that's probably why they left them out. It does make sense to mention that BYU was not among the schools evaluated though---if BYU was in the sample, most social scientists, as well as lay people would just roll their eyes and say 'duh.' I can understand a BYU researcher wanting to make crystal clear that this isn't a "holier than thou" study.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.