Archived Topic

Coach K or Coach Rose (sorry Kentucky)

by craigoscarson · 10/5/2012

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
http://espn.go.com/chicago/story/_/id/8466577/top-recruit-jabari-parker-narrows-list-five" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



I don't believe that Jabari will pick Florida or Stanford - neither make sense.



I do believe it will come down to Coach K or Coach Rose... with Michigan State staying in ONLY if Jabari decides that BYU and the church doesn't trump everything but hoops.



Some thought Washington was an option because of the family relationships, nope



Some thought Illinois or Depaul due to proximity, nope



Many thought Kentucky because a top recruit has to go to Kentucky right? nope





This is going to come down to the fact that BYU offer great hoops and an LDS environment



vs



Coach K that offers a perceived basketball mecca (it's only perception not reality) and a coach that knows all the NBA greats. I personally think Coach K is a terrible coach, but his reputation seems to matter a lot to some.
C
Cougs_Rule
Still, two of the good guys--the best guys, which is why I agree with this post. JB doesn't have to pick a sketchy character coach.
F
frdbtr
I hope for BYU's sake that he picks coach Rose :)
M
Metal Bubba
If a rat and a weasel mated on Halloween night, the resulting offspring would be Coach K. I'm calling it here and now, Jabari is coming to BYU after he gets home from his mission.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
H
HoosierCougar
Metal Bubba wrote:
If a rat and a weasel mated on Halloween night, the resulting offspring would be Coach K. I'm calling it here and now, Jabari is coming to BYU after he gets home from his mission.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Yep, leave right after HS, come back to Provo and play 2 yrs to get in Hoops shape and then off to the NBA.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
The mission age change helps the missionary program I think. I could see him serve and then go pro from the mission field.
B
BerliNY
SpiffCoug wrote:
The mission age change helps the missionary program I think. I could see him serve and then go pro from the mission field.


Do you think if he makes Zone Leader he'll move up the draft board? Or down, due to the increased time committments? Probably down ... now AP on the other hand ...
J
jacksonman
I think Jabari is BYU's to lose. Jimmer paved the way, the new recruits make the product all that more enticing and a national championship a possibility at BYU. ESPN makes watching it all possible. Coach Rose is a class act. Jabari seems to want to do things differently than LeBron and other top recruits. I hope Jabari comes to BYU, plays two years, and goes on to the pros. He will make more of a difference as an NBA player than a missionary (Jimmer and Young).



Hoping for some great news in the next 4 weeks!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.