Archived Topic

If BYU wins tomorrow are they the best team in Utah?

by SpiffCoug · 10/5/2012

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I say yes. I think if BYU and Utah play again and if Riley is healthy or Taysom plays, we win.
U
Ungoy
100% agreement Spiff.



BYU easilly beats Utah with a healthy Riley or Hill. Heck I think Munns could beat Utah.
B
BroncoBot
SpiffCoug wrote:
I say yes. I think if BYU and Utah play again and if Riley is healthy or Taysom plays, we win.

woulda, shoulda, coulda. I don't really care. IF BYU wins tomorrow, it means they beat USU, beat WSU, and lost to u. But then, I don't live in utah.
K
KingCoug
No. Each team won one and lost one. Nobody can claim to be the best in Utah. At least until the end of the season.
C
Cougs_Rule
If we so easily forget, if not marginalize the loss to Utah, then nothing is learned from the loss. It's like we give ourselves a pass.

Records:

BYU 1-1

Utah 1-1

USU 1-1

= A TIE.



CAnt use Weber as a tie breaker in good conscience.

Alternative tie breakers?

Record end of season.

Final National Ranking

Something better than a D-II win.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
What about scoring differential like in soccer?
C
Cougs_Rule
SpiffCoug wrote:
What about scoring differential like in soccer?


Great. Even better.
M
Mingjai
SpiffCoug wrote:
What about scoring differential like in soccer?


BYU is -3 and USU is +7 and Utah is -4 (and finished), so BYU would need to win by more than 5 to overtake USU on scoring differential.
Y
Y 4 Ever
Byu is the only FBS win for the :utard:



Makes me sick



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BoiseBYU
It will mean each team won at home and that will allow everyone to have their own opinion.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Yes - if BYU wins by 6 or more points. These were all squeakers that seemed about to go the other way. A decisive win would give BYU a tiny edge. And doesn't what you have done for me lately count for something?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
It depends how decisively BYU wins. Will it be by "luck" the way both the Yewts and Boise St. beat BYU? The Cougs must be decisive and show real improvement on the offensive side of the ball against a good Aggie team. Tonight is a critical game to show the character of the Y's offense.
S
Stirfry
dmcougar wrote:
What about scoring differential like in soccer?


Great. Even better.


If we win due to a soccer rule I hope Bronco leaves the beehive boot on the field and never takes it home.



USU beat SUU as well so I think this years even at best for us unless we finish the season with clearly a better year. Moral victory at best I'm afraid.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.