Archived Topic

Presidential Debate #1

by Ddawg · 10/4/2012

Advertisement
D
Ddawg
I watched the "Presidential Debate" last night with great anticipation. As a matter of fact - I raced home from Utah, to So. Calif., to make sure I could watch the entire debate. I pulled into my driveway with 5 minutes to spare.



I watched, and really tried to remain neutral. I felt Romney won the day - by quite a margin. I was txt'ng buddies from UT, TX, FL, AZ, and CA - everyone felt Romney carried the day.



James Carville - "Mitt Romney came in with a chainsaw."



Andrew Sullivan - blogger "Daily Dish" - Obama supporter - (Forbes magazine lists Sullivan as one of the Top 25 most influential Liberals) -

"10.31 pm. Look: you know how much I love the guy, and you know how much of a high information viewer I am, and I can see the logic of some of Obama's meandering, weak, professorial arguments. But this was a disaster for the president for the key people he needs to reach, and his effete, wonkish lectures may have jolted a lot of independents into giving Romney a second look.



Obama looked tired, even bored; he kept looking down; he had no crisp statements of passion or argument; he wasn't there. He was entirely defensive, which may have been the strategy. But it was the wrong strategy. At the wrong moment.



The person with authority on that stage was Romney - offered it by one of the lamest moderators ever, and seized with relish. This was Romney the salesman. And my gut tells me he sold a few voters on a change tonight. It's beyond depressing. But it's true."



http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/10/live-blogging-the-first-presidential-debate-2012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Mitt Romney dominated the debate - Round 1 goes to Mitt. Not even close.
G
Guest
Spiff and I watched the debate from the CougarCorner cave last night, and man, it was like watching BYU v Hawaii all over again. Mitt accomplished everything he set out to do and Obama was shut out completely.
D
Ddawg
hawkwing wrote:
Spiff and I watched the debate from the CougarCorner cave last night, and man, it was like watching BYU v Hawaii all over again. Mitt accomplished everything he set out to do and Obama was shut out completely.


+1 x 10. I couldn't agree more. Romney dominated and shut Obama down. Bam!



Seriously - no teleprompter - Obama flounders. Obama is not quick on his feet in those free flowing, give and take exchanges.



Even Chris Matthews was distraught over Obama's horrible performance. Ha ha ha! Am I pleased? You bet.



"Chris Matthews Freaks Out At Obama: "What Was He Doing?" "Tonight wasn't an MSNBC debate tonight, was it?" Chris Matthews said after the first Obama-Romney presidential debate concluded on Wednesday night.



"I don't know what he was doing out there. He had his head down, he was enduring the debate rather than fighting it. Romney, on the other hand, came in with a campaign. He had a plan, he was going to dominate the time, he was going to be aggressive, he was going to push the moderator around, which he did effectively, he was going to relish the evening, enjoying it," Matthews said."



http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/10/03/chris_matthews_freaks_out_at_obama_after_debate_romney_was_winning.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S
scott715
But we can't start a freshman President!!!!



I heard Obama say He didn't win that debate (a la He didn't build that busiess).
D
Ddawg
Joe Scarborough (Morning Joe) said this morning - "it appeared as if Obama thought debating was beneath him."

:whistle:
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Dennis Miller Show -- Obama better hope a Kicked A** is covered under Obamacare



:D
S
SpiffCoug
Obama's body langauge was awful. He just stood there, looking down. He looked like a kid who was trying to sneak in after curfew and got halfway up the stairs before his dad, sitting in a chair, turned on the living room light.



Obama looked like he was being scolded and knew he had been caught goofing off. He hoped that by keeping his head low, avoiding eye contact he might gin up some sympahty from his Dad and keep his grounding to a minimum.



Romney SMOKED him.
D
Ddawg
+1.



Q: Did anyone notice that Romney's U.S. flag lapel pin was 47% bigger than Obama's?

:lol: :lol: ;)
G
Guest
Ddawg wrote:
+1.



Q: Did anyone notice that Romney's U.S. flag lapel pin was 47% bigger than Obama's?

:lol: :lol: ;)


Speaking of his lapel pin, it had a star on it, given to him by the secret service detail assigned to protect him. Apparently they think very highly of him and have come to truly appreciate him after being around him for so long.
S
SpiffCoug
When Romney mentioned the words of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence on the walls behind them, I really wondered if Obama had recognized them.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
For anyone who missed it, here's a 15 second overview of what Romney did to Obama:



[youtube]2uaPZdhxnek[/youtube]
D
Ddawg
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dayumn Sno - that is too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:
B
BoiseBYU
Have to agree that Gov. Romney was the better debater. And as a result I hear that Cookie Monster has a new verse: C is for cutbacks. That's good enough for Mitt. C is for cutbacks. That's good enough for Mitt. C is for cutbacks. That's good enough for Mitt. Oh cutbacks cutbacks cutbacks start with C.
B
BroncoBot
BoiseBYU wrote:
Have to agree that Gov. Romney was the better debater. And as a result I hear that Cookie Monster has a new verse: C is for cutbacks. That's good enough for Mitt. C is for cutbacks. That's good enough for Mitt. C is for cutbacks. That's good enough for Mitt. Oh cutbacks cutbacks cutbacks start with C.

Let's just hope he follows through with what he's said in these debates.
S
stuckinbig10country
Even Bill Maher said Romney was the winner. It was crazy. I had never seen so many frustrated liberals.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
The difference in their capacity of leadership was striking.



Romney was in full control. He could get both Pres. Obama and moderator Lehrer to defer to him. When Romney was speaking, he determined when he was finished. He didn't let Lehrer control his time.



It was almost like he had convened a meeting of the board and at times, was saying, listen you two, I'm talking. Now be quiet until I'm done. What I have to say is important.



All Obama could do was ask Lehrer to change the topic.



If this was a job interview for president, Obama is lucky there are two more scheduled, because he wouldn't have gotten a call back for a second interview.
I
imuakahuku
snoscythe wrote:
For anyone who missed it, here's a 15 second overview of what Romney did to Obama:



[youtube]2uaPZdhxnek[/youtube]


The next morning I told my eldest son this exact thing! We saw the movie together last week and that part of the movie had us rolling (along with the part when he punched Thor and Thor disappeared.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.