Archived Topic

USU game.

by BroncoBot · 10/4/2012

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Remember when everyone used to bag on USU and claimed that BYU didn't need them on the schedule? It will be one of the better games this year and looks to be a healthy rivalry going forward. USU is committed to playing BYU in the future and can provide a decent November game. I'd love to see a long term 2 for 1 arraignment going forward, but when BYU makes home and home deals with middle tennessee it's easy to see why USU fans and admin are upset with 2 for 1s.



I'd personally make it a home and home series as long as it's played in November and BYUtv has rights to the games in Logan.
N
northerncougar
I will wait to see what USU is when Anderson leaves this year for a better job.



Anderson is the reason, not USU. If he leaves after this year, I suspect USU will be back to what they were before.
I
IowaCougar
I think despite all of the things that are being said about it being about the money - it's all about the exposure. If BYU can get the broadcast agreements in place that they need for games in Logan, I think they should agree to a 1 and 1.
C
Cougarfan87
You have to hand it to Anderson. He has done wonders with USU. Hopefully USU will rise to the ranks of Boise State, Utah, and BYU where it becomes a destination school and not just a stepping stone. Playing Utah State and Boise State every November would be fantastic, assuming Utah State stays at the level it is at now or improves.
E
EM_Puma
The beauty of the situation is that the games are sewed up for the next three (3) years after this year, so we can wait a bit and see what USU will be like. As noted in Jay Drew's article this week, when BYU/USU play home/home contests, no money is exchanged. That means that BYU loses money it would otherwise have if the game were at home, even paying USU $500K. If Anderson has another bowl year, then you know teams are going to come calling again, as they have at USU in the past, and can someone else sustain a winning program at USU? If they tank next year, then we can figure the old USU is back and we keep a 2-fer on the table. The money and need to bring good games to LES are important considerations that won't be easily over looked by TH/BM. The move of the game to November would sweeten the pot a bit for USU, so we'll see, but we don't need to make the decision today or next year for that matter.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
I am concerned about losing this game. if we avoid turnovers we will win but one turnover could cost us this game. I think it will be really close.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.