Archived Topic

Ansah impresses Todd McShay

by tmoney35 · 10/1/2012

Advertisement
T
tmoney35
This is tweet from McSay:


Watching tape on BYU DL Ansah #47. From Ghana, didn't play FB till 2010. Raw talent! Rare burst for 280lbs. Thanks Rod Gilmore for the tip


Ansah's improvement every game this year has blown me away. He was EVERYWHERE against Hawaii. Becoming more and more unstoppable every game. If he only had one more year...
I
Isola
I'm no scout but Ansah is visibly improved with every game.
L
Lawboy
All I know is that the kid has improved leaps and bounds on his run defending. He understands when to gap contain and is not caught out of position. And his speed on the back side pursuit is awesome. Hawaii double teamed him most of the game, which frees up KVN. Basically, they have to double Ziggy or KVN or go max protect and double both. That makes us much tougher to defend and is a rare thing for a BYU defense. A dominant front 4.
P
ProV1
Did anyone else hear Rod Gilmore call him Izzy at first? That broadcasting duo annoys.
J
jonnylingo
ProV1 wrote:
Did anyone else hear Rod Gilmore call him Izzy at first? That broadcasting duo annoys.


That is an understatement.



they got the players wrong on multiple occasions as well. and if i heard one more comment about how old taysom hill was i was going to throw pizza at the tv.
Advertisement
R
redneckjedi
jonnylingo wrote:
Did anyone else hear Rod Gilmore call him Izzy at first? That broadcasting duo annoys.


That is an understatement.



they got the players wrong on multiple occasions as well. and if i heard one more comment about how old taysom hill was i was going to throw pizza at the tv.


Might be an institutional problem. In the ESPN.com play-by-play listing, they've got James Lark down for a sack and a forced fumble. Those may be his first stats in those categories in his life! Because of that, and my inability to watch the game live, I thought there was also an error when Taysom Hill was credited with a 31 yard punt, but lo and behold, he did! Does that make him the first BYU QB to punt since Jim McMahon?
S
scott715
We didn't see the punt because of the no hitter that ESPN put up.
B
BYULV
scott715 wrote:
We didn't see the punt because of the no hitter that ESPN put up.


You can see it if you watch the KBYU version
B
BYULV
Where did Ziggy's eligibility go? Did it get used up on track? Is there any way to regain a year for football?
S
scott715
He started in track so that was when his eligibility started.



What point of the game was the no hitter shown? I don't remember.
Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
scott715 wrote:
He started in track so that was when his eligibility started.



What point of the game was the no hitter shown? I don't remember.


Is there a difference between Div. I and Div. II on the eligibility rules? My daughter competed in Cross-Country and Track. She competed 4 straight years in X-Country, but redshirted one year in track, so used her eligibility differently in different sports.



The break for baseball was toward the end of the 2nd quarter. They missed the punt, and came back just before the end of the half.
B
blue42
scott715 wrote:

What point of the game was the no hitter shown? I don't remember.


Basically it was the entire game whenever Hawaii was on defense.
H
HoosierCougar
ProV1 wrote:
Did anyone else hear Rod Gilmore call him Izzy at first? That broadcasting duo annoys.


I heard it... but I thought Gilmore said "They call him 'Easy A" which would make more sense with Ezekiel Ansah = Ez A



Izzy is just flat not being able to read! :skeptic:
M
Mingjai
HoosierCougar wrote:
Did anyone else hear Rod Gilmore call him Izzy at first? That broadcasting duo annoys.


I heard it... but I thought Gilmore said "They call him 'Easy A" which would make more sense with Ezekiel Ansah = Ez A



Izzy is just flat not being able to read! :skeptic:


Not being able to read is not a skill generally associated with Cal Law/Stanford grads. But then I also expect Boalt grads to be able to make well-reasoned arguments--something Gilmore regularly fails to do as well--so I really shouldn't be surprised.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.