Archived Topic

9 straight quarters

by tripwire · 9/29/2012

Advertisement
T
tripwire
.. Without giving up a single point on defense. I think this is probably the best BYU defense I have ever seen. It may be their best ever. Say what you want about Bronco's head coaching skills but he is an outstanding DC.

Also, I just love watching them play.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
It is and Bronco deserves to stay. He just need to spend more time with the O and we're good.
C
Cougy_Monster
Bronco needs to learn BASIC clock management or BYU will lose 1-2 winnable games a year.



And he needs to break up with his bromance with all 'gritty' players. Sure they are great teammates but grit rarely will completely compensate for a lack of talent.



And he needs an OC that produces an offense to match his defense. I really think Bronco will thrive in an environment where he can TOTALLY turn over the offense to the OC and position coaches. Not just during the game for calling plays and personnel decisions. But also an OC and assistants that can identify and develop talent on offense like he does on defense.



Then he'll be set.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougy_Monster
Oh. And 9 straight quarters is amazing.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Yeah, I flew in for the game (and will for next week v. USU too), and I have to say, this defense is for real. They play with heart and confidence.



Dear Bronco and entire defensive unit,

Please give a dose of whatever it is you are drinking/eating/smoking/whatever and give it to our offense. They need some of the swagger that our defense has. You freakin ooze confidence and I feel like I can trust a game on the line when we need the defense to come up big with a stop or something. In other words, I have a total man crush on you as a collective group. Will you please give some of whatever you've got to our offense? Although this Hawaii game showed us a bit of what we might be capable of, we will need our offense to be more confident against the better opponents we have left. I am a little frightful of USU, and "oh-crap, who-thought-they-were-this-good, OSU" coming up soon. Not to mention visits to GA Tech and the domers. Please Bronco and entire defensive unit, please do something to exude your confidence and playmaking awesomeness to the offense. That is all. Oh, maybe one more thing, can I have an Ezekiel Ansah poster to hang on my ceiling and look at before I go to sleep at night? That would be great too. Wait, what's that you say? Too much? Okay, fine. I'll just have to be content with my KVN body pillow and D. Sorenson/Kaveinga/Ogletree footed jammies. :blush:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.