Archived Topic

Cougar Fans We've Got Ourselves a Running Back

by BoiseBYU · 9/29/2012

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
I take nothing away from Alisa, who runs hard and effectively, and for whom I'm truly sad he broke his arm. But watching Jamal Williams, all I can say is he is special and, barring injury, is going to be one we remember for a long time. He has moves speed and some power.
K
KingCoug
He's legit. Wanna see how he does in the next 4 games. With Alisa out, he'll get his chance.
G
Guest
Jamaal looks very good, and I'm very glad to have him. The next few games will be fun to watch. I hope he can maintain it,but Hawaii is a very very bad rushing defense.
C
Cougy_Monster
I know it's not a fair comparison at this stage (or probably at any stage) but the way Jamaal could stop on a dime and change direction and start up at full speed reminded me of Barry Sanders.



I'm not so homered that I think we have a Barry Sanders on our team, but man those moves and brakes and acceleration tonight were seriously fun to watch. Sure, running over guys is satisfying but a RB that can go from full speed to stop and back to full speed in just a step or 2 is a rare find and will do great things for a team that uses him right.



I'm excited.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
Why don't we wait until we play a team other than the worst rushing defense in the country to assess our RB situation?



Not only are they the worst in the nation against the run, but the 'Bows were already down a DT before Famika Anae took out two more.



Not saying he's not our guy, but you might want to temper your optimism a bit.
Advertisement
C
Cougest
snoscythe wrote:
Why don't we wait until we play a team other than the worst rushing defense in the country to assess our RB situation?



Not only are they the worst in the nation against the run, but the 'Bows were already down a DT before Famika Anae took out two more.



Not saying he's not our guy, but you might want to temper your optimism a bit.


I'd have to agree 100%. We haven't had a 100 yard rusher in something like 17 games (don't know the actual #) and against Hawaii we have 2. I was rooting for Williams to be the starter all year and think he's a special talent but let's see what he can do against a defense that hasn't giving 250+ yards two games in a row.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.