Archived Topic

I finally bet on the Cougs...

by JamieVallen · 9/28/2012

Advertisement
J
JamieVallen
In Vegas, and despite our offensive production lately I decided to take my chances and bet that BYU will cover the 26.5 points that they're projected to win by. Our defense is awesome so I don't expect and ba Hawaii team to score many points. And even if we have an alright showing on offense we should be able to drop quite a few TD's on this team. It wasn't much of a bet, but I have the feeling it will pay off. Please don't start Riley!!! Our offense just isn't very good on defense with a quick DB running towards the other end zone with our ball!!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
V
vancouvercougar
JamieVallen wrote:
In Vegas, and despite our offensive production lately I decided to take my chances and bet that BYU will cover the 26.5 points that they're projected to win by. Our defense is awesome so I don't expect and ba Hawaii team to score many points. And even if we have an alright showing on offense we should be able to drop quite a few TD's on this team. It wasn't much of a bet, but I have the feeling it will pay off. Please don't start Riley!!! Our offense just isn't very good on defense with a quick DB running towards the other end zone with our ball!![ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


You are correct sir. And Washington's offense wasn't very good on defense when the Stanford D lineman was on his way to the endzone with the Husky's ball
Y
Y 4 Ever
If I was going to put money on this game, it would be to take the under. No way I take byu -26. I'm just not confident in our o at all, even against a bad team.



The only time I've bet on any game was in 2006. I happened to be in Vegas, and heard that byu was a 7 point favorite over air force. Seemed like taking candy from a baby, so I put down $100. Byu won by like 20. Wished I'd put down 100000.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jonnylingo
I think BYU will score 27 points but they won't cover the 26 point spread. you are probably going to lose your money but it will certainly increase the interest you have in the game. :)
M
Mingjai
I'm taking the points this game and under on the O/U. Currently the spread is BYU -26 with a 49.5 O/U so Vegas is expecting a 38-12 BYU win.
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
Mingjai wrote:
I'm taking the points this game and under on the O/U. Currently the spread is BYU -26 with a 49.5 O/U so Vegas is expecting a 38-12 BYU win.


In the prediction game I have BYU 38 to HAwaii 10.
C
creative45
No way BYU covers the spread. Have you not learn? Starting a freshman QB does not produce greater results. There is too much of a learning curve that he will need to over-come. 24-6, BYU.
J
JamieVallen
creative45 wrote:
No way BYU covers the spread. Have you not learn? Starting a freshman QB does not produce greater results. There is too much of a learning curve that he will need to over-come. 24-6, BYU.

Lies!!! I believe! :)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
JamieVallen
Bump, very early still but I hope some of you are preparing your pallet for some tasty crow... 34=insurance points with our awesome defense.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYULV
I think we should ask Hawkwing to move you up a class or two for your unwavering confidence/optimism in our team. You put your money where your mouth is. You shouldn't have to suffer as an underclassman any longer
Advertisement
C
creative45
JamieVallen wrote:
No way BYU covers the spread. Have you not learn? Starting a freshman QB does not produce greater results. There is too much of a learning curve that he will need to over-come. 24-6, BYU.

Lies!!! I believe! :)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


OK, where is my crow, which I will gladly eat because that was a fun game to watch. This is also why I don't bet on sports...poker on the other hand...never mind.

Good job Cougars.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.