Archived Topic

I figured it out

by cougsnspurs4life · 11/17/2009

Advertisement
C
cougsnspurs4life
So... I am watching the game back, and you watch OC make a stupid PI (offensive) penalty, jaw the refs and get another penalty. You watch Scott Johnson make a stupid (could have been game-losing PI).



- Why do you not yank them at least one play?



Kariya fumbles the football RUNNING OUT THE CLOCK, and a flash to the sidelines shows him sitting alone, just chilling there...



Now flash to the TCU game, and the punter shanks one about 30 yards early in the game... The coach pulls him to the place kicker points at the one and "talks firmly" to him. I'm sure he was saying something to the extent of "Get ready kid, because he does that one more time, and you are punting the next one..."



THEY WIN, AND WE DON'T... Connection?



For a team that talks a lot about accountability, they don't seem to hold people accountable very much (bench them for obvious MENTAL errors)... what do you think?
G
Guest
Actually we both won those games.



Secondly, after OC had his problem he was pulled. I'm not even sure when he came back in, but it certainly wasn't any time soon. As for Scotty, I don't think he would learn anything by being pulled, he's the smartest guy on defense and the best we have at that position. Let him play.
B
bluesista
Nothing adds insult to injury like knowing your coaches don't have faith in you when you make one mistake, especially when you've worked so hard throughout the week.



And when a player's "just chilling there," I doubt he's just thinking about how nice the weather is. Sports are 80% mental, 20% physical.



Now, if a player is consistently playing poorly, then let's make a change.



Yeah, TCU does win games, but last I checked, BYU's won a few games too....
S
Schmoe
TCU has a coach that looks out of shape, we don't, connection?



TCU wears purple, we don't, connection?



TCU's mascot is a tiny lizard, ours isn't, connection?
P
ProV1
bluesista wrote:
Now, if a player is consistently playing poorly, then let's make a change.


Now I know people like Bradley but it was nice to see him get yanked after a zillion plays in a row happened in front of him. Say what you want about Logan, he makes plays and tackles. I'm hoping Air Force runs at Logan all day just so I can see him make many tackles in the backfield.
Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
cougsnspurs4life wrote:
So... I am watching the game back, and you watch OC make a stupid PI (offensive) penalty, jaw the refs and get another penalty. You watch Scott Johnson make a stupid (could have been game-losing PI).



- Why do you not yank them at least one play?



Kariya fumbles the football RUNNING OUT THE CLOCK, and a flash to the sidelines shows him sitting alone, just chilling there...



Now flash to the TCU game, and the punter shanks one about 30 yards early in the game... The coach pulls him to the place kicker points at the one and "talks firmly" to him. I'm sure he was saying something to the extent of "Get ready kid, because he does that one more time, and you are punting the next one..."



THEY WIN, AND WE DON'T... Connection?



For a team that talks a lot about accountability, they don't seem to hold people accountable very much (bench them for obvious MENTAL errors)... what do you think?


This kind of stuff is exactly what I meant when I called in to wrubell and co. after the NM game. At TCU their DB got a PI on Chambers that most likely would have been a TD. He got yanked and their defense held us iirc. (It actually might have been right before our only TD) Then later in the game we have them 3rd and long and Logan reaches out and grabs the WR who has NO chance to catch a poorly thrown ball and they get a 1st down on the PI. The very next play, with Logan still in (why? Where's the accountability?) Logan gets absolutely ROASTED on a double move for a 60+ yard TD!



Wrubell said it's becuase of what Chambers said after the play, not the play. I say regardless of speaking or playing, if you make a seriously boneheaded play (see Kariya) then you deserve to sit out at least a play and maybe a series to show accountability and consistency. Otherwise it appears to this ingnorant fan that Bronco plays favorites or speaks with a bit of a 'forked tongue'.



Go Cougs!!!



J. Child

Ammon, ID
F
Florwood
AmmonCougar1 wrote:
Wrubell said it's becuase of what Chambers said after the play, not the play. I say regardless of speaking or playing, if you make a seriously boneheaded play (see Kariya) then you deserve to sit out at least a play and maybe a series to show accountability and consistency. Otherwise it appears to this ignorant fan that Bronco plays favorites or speaks with a bit of a 'forked tongue'.



Go Cougs!!!



J. Child

Ammon, ID


I was just listening to the game so I didn't see what happened, seems to me Wrubell said OC did get pulled.
S
SpiffCoug
Two things I have noticed the last five years or so with BYU.



1) BYU wide receivers get called for offensive pass interference much more than any other WRs in the conference.



2) BYU quarterbacks are rarely ever "roughed." I remember John Beck and Max Hall getting hit late on numerous occassions and roughing the passer was never called.



When it comes to these two penalties, BYU gets very little benefit of the doubt or protection.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.