Archived Topic

Grit

by mizzoucoug · 9/25/2012

Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
Add another one to the list. If you find yourself using this term when discussing sports please know that you have officially been Bronco-brainwashed. "Grit" joins "execution" as taboo terms that no fans should ever use if they want to be taken seriously on this or any other forum. :)



Thanks a lot Riley.
G
Gunk
True Grit is a great movie and book.



Grit doesn't seem to be doing us much good these days.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
So let's call it False Grit, aka, "tougher than all of us."

Did Bronco mean tougher than all of us (the team and coaches) combined? ;-)



Those are the prettiest clothes I have ever seen, Mr Emporer, sir.
M
makulit
All I know is Bronco and Riley are pretty high on my grit list right now.
C
Cougarfan87
makulit wrote:
All I know is Bronco and Riley are pretty high on my grit list right now.


:lol:



I think you are having some consonant troubles. :D
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
makulit wrote:
All I know is Bronco and Riley are pretty high on my grit list right now.


Would you say that they are wearing you down? ;)
T
tww
There is a strong temptation to joke about this "grit" thing because there is something about it that is just odd. Sure a football player with grit, okay. But isn't there something wrong with saying someone should play because he has grit?



This is football. It is expected that everyone on the team has grit. Grit should not be a reason someone plays but the lack of grit should prevent a person from getting off the bench or off the scout team.



So the thing I find disconcerting is that grit would be seen by coaches to be something exceptional when it ought to be a minimum standard.



How should we read this? What should other players think?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.