Y
YNotBefore the season, most of us prognosticated that BYU would win 7-8 games if Riley Nelson was injured during the season. 10-11 wins if he stayed healthy.
Well, Riley is injured.What I, and likely many of us, did not contemplate was a situation where Riley was hurt but still playing. Based on the evidence so far, it looks like the 7-8 win prediction might be right on. Whether Nelson is playing or not, we will have a tough time on the road against Notre Dame and Georgia Tech. I still have confidence that we can play well at home and handle Hawaii, USU, and Oregon State. With or without Riley. However, the USU and Oregon State games will be much tougher games than anticipated in the pre-season. But still very winnable in front of the home crowd.
I now predict an 8-4 regular season and a bowl victory over SDSU or Nevada. With 9 wins, BYU will finish the season just outside the top 25.
The sad thing is that we will never know what could have been if Riley had been healthy against Utah and Boise State....OR, if a healthy Lark and Hill had played the entire games against Utah and Boise State.
Well, Riley is injured.What I, and likely many of us, did not contemplate was a situation where Riley was hurt but still playing. Based on the evidence so far, it looks like the 7-8 win prediction might be right on. Whether Nelson is playing or not, we will have a tough time on the road against Notre Dame and Georgia Tech. I still have confidence that we can play well at home and handle Hawaii, USU, and Oregon State. With or without Riley. However, the USU and Oregon State games will be much tougher games than anticipated in the pre-season. But still very winnable in front of the home crowd.
I now predict an 8-4 regular season and a bowl victory over SDSU or Nevada. With 9 wins, BYU will finish the season just outside the top 25.
The sad thing is that we will never know what could have been if Riley had been healthy against Utah and Boise State....OR, if a healthy Lark and Hill had played the entire games against Utah and Boise State.

