Archived Topic

"Warrior" - how have I not discovered this movie yet?

by Y 4 Ever · 9/22/2012

Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
Just watched Warrior tonight - it is one of the best movies I've ever seen. It might be THE best movie I've ever seen.



How have I not really heard much about it? Was it obscure? Or am I just living under a rock.
I
IowaCougar
I've never heard of it either. I just looked it up on IMDB, and I can see why I probably never paid any attention - it looks like just another one of the "fighter" movies that I've never been attracted to. Sometimes a movie's story line can transcend it's genre - if this is the case with this movie, I'll watch for it. Thanks for the recommendation.
Y
Y 4 Ever
Yes, the MMA aspect almost made me not watch it. But I'm glad I did. The "fighting" is just the backdrop to an excellent storyline. Acting is superb too.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
If you're an MMA fan, the "fighting" will make you laugh. Otherwise, it's a phenomenal movie. I also would highly recommend "The Wrestler" with Mickey Rourke.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Metal Bubba
snoscythe wrote:
If you're an MMA fan, the "fighting" will make you laugh. Otherwise, it's a phenomenal movie. I also would highly recommend "The Wrestler" with Mickey Rourke.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


"The Wrestler" is very good. I concur.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
M
Mars
Metal Bubba wrote:
"The Wrestler" is very good. I concur.

Dark and depressing.
D
Ddawg
snoscythe wrote:
If you're an MMA fan, the "fighting" will make you laugh. Otherwise, it's a phenomenal movie. I also would highly recommend "The Wrestler" with Mickey Rourke.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


The Wrestler? Wow. I have watched the Wrestler several times. It's a powerful movie - but - a real downer. It's not a feel good movie. Definitely not a "date" movie. Powerful and moving.
S
Schmoe
I don't think I liked Warrior as much as most, but it could be that it was a victim of it's own hype (I had heard GREAT and GLOWING reviews of it). Make no mistake, I thought it was very good, and it made me confident that Tom Hardy had the range to pull off a lot of different parts (like Bane). Good stuff, definitely recommend it.
B
BroncoBot
Remember seeing this thread months ago. Had to chime in and agree that it's one of my favorite movies. I only own about 5 movies, and this one just got added to the collection.



Great job all around.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Haven't seen the Warrior, but I want to now. Million Dollar Baby is also one of the best fighting movie ever...and also one of the most depressing. "Mo cuishle! Mo cuishle!!!"
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Let me know what you think TulaneVandyRice.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
BroncoBot wrote:
Let me know what you think TulaneVandyRice.

Got it. Will check it out over the Christmas break. Someone should have a "movie reviews" thread on this section of the CC.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.